• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health what's wrong with my Bhuts?

i have 2 bhut jolokia plants that are doing the same thing. the others are not having the same issue. so what would cause this? any advice is appreciated.

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

yellowing of the midrib? i dont think ive ever seen that before.

the oldest leaves are hardest hit? and the newest look alright?

yellowing of the midrib? i dont think ive ever seen that before.

the oldest leaves are hardest hit? and the newest look alright?
it's not the "oldest" leaves, but older leaves up top. the ones at the bottom look ok to me.

What's your feeding like? It looks viral to me but if it's just 2 Bhut plants, it could be a nutrient deficiency or toxicity.
i feed with jobe's organic vegetable fertilizer. i give all the plants the same amount, never had a problem before. just fed them about a week ago. i was thinking it might be fert burn, but it's not affecting the newest leaves, or the tips of the leaves, so i doubt that's it.

what do the undersides look like? no purple right?
potassium will leave a general mottling on the plant like you are showing, but i dont think it would cause that yellow midrib. potassium usually leaves splotchy marks inside all over the older leaves the veins are still green right?

you might try some potassium nitrate.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c683e47bd

tbh tho i would look at feeding it a balanced nutrient solution like the Howard reshs nutrient profile at like 3/4 strength and see if it goes away. im thinking this because it could be several deficiencies at once.

Looks to me like an iron deficiency >> http://www.gardening...is-and-iron.htm

no way thats iron. i got lazy last year and ran out of DPTA iron chelate, and after like 3 weeks they showed iron. that looks nothing like what i saw.
plus iron is immobile and will not show on the oldest leaves.

It's an Iron deficiency. Check the pH of your soil to make sure it is in the correct range and also give it some chelated iron.

i looked at that pic before i posted my question. it looks like carbon dioxide according to that. at least from what i see. i really don't think it needs nitrogen...

lol, good luck expressing carbon dioxide deficiency outside of a laboratory.

just feed it a balanced fert. it could be suffering from a number of deficiencies.

clearly it's not carbon dioxide. maybe it is iron, and maybe i'm just not watering enough lately, and the ferts aren't getting washed down to the roots. i fed the shiz out of them not 2 weeks ago so i don't want to overdo the nutes.

Back