•  

Photo

Trippas Organic story of 2012/2013....things could be worse ...

Superhot7 Pot Primo Bhut Jolokia Balcony Gold Coast Container Organic Soil Yellow 7 pot/pod Mystery Superhots trippa

• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

#41 KiNGDeNNiZ

KiNGDeNNiZ

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts
  • aka:KiNGDeNNiZ

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

theres no rest for the wicked..... all year i had pests.. and i hope to have a little less pest this yeAR... keep positive and you should yield greater!!

#42 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts
  • aka:Trippa

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

theres no rest for the wicked..... all year i had pests.. and i hope to have a little less pest this yeAR... keep positive and you should yield greater!!

Hey kingd thanks for stopping by and the words of encouragement.
Don't worry I won't let those dam pests get me down :D

Everything on this glog = Just F%£*king marvelous.

#43 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

To keep the temps down in the root zone of the potted plants... have you thought of wrapping the outside of the pots with aluminum foil or aluminized mylar? Shane (stc3248) had a similar problem with his potted plants in the sun, and solved it at least partially by wrapping his pots in white plastic to reflect sunlight..

Edited by stickman, 07 November 2012 - 03:55 PM.

The Hot Pepper... If self-immolation is your goal... we're here to help! Posted Image

#44 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Thanks stickman. Yeah lots I could do but my wife has plenty to say about aesthetics of my grow because its on our balcony where guests sit. I am going to grab some Lucerne mulch for the top of the pots at least. We'll see how that goes ...

#45 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

http://grounds-mag.c...ng_turfgrasses/

Some interesting reading I just did. Not on Chilli's per-se but interesting none the less

#46 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

http://www.pvamu.edu...rsonemidae).pdf

Gassy wrap your eyes on this ... liquid sulphur and canola oil look like the best organic controls. neem is way down the list for broadmite ... right I am off to get some Magnesium Sulphite (Epsom Salts) as a starting point. (actually more sulphur then magnesium in epsom salts)

Edited by Trippa, 15 November 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#47 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hi Trippa
I don't think epsom salts are what you want to use for liquid sulfur. In the study they used Calcium polysulfide mixed at the rate of 500 cm/100 L water. It's really not the same thing. Cheers
The Hot Pepper... If self-immolation is your goal... we're here to help! Posted Image

#48 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Hi Trippa
I don't think epsom salts are what you want to use for liquid sulfur. In the study they used Calcium polysulfide mixed at the rate of 500 cm/100 L water. It's really not the same thing. Cheers

Cheers Stickman. I do realise its not the same thing however its too hot here at the moment to be using a liquid sulphur spray safely without risking major damage to my plants and so the 13% sulphur in Magnesium salts is my next best option. I will be using neem/dishsoap at some stage when it cools some more as well as a further attack, but its currently 9pm at night and its still 22.5C (72.5F) and 85% humidity and is not expected to drop much more tonight. Too hot for sleeping and will be hitting over 30C tomorrow and will be high humidity unless the promised storms start hitting ... only thing for me to do is drink a Espresso and then sup on a pint of guiness while I sort some seeds for sending.

Yes Stickman your seeds should be in the post on Monday ;) (I would post them tomorrow but I would prefer to keep them out of a hot mailbox for the weekend)

Sorry I have taken a while but I had to wait for them to dry out a little especially the Douglahs

Edited by Trippa, 16 November 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#49 stickman

stickman

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hi Trippa

Cheers Stickman. I do realise its not the same thing however its too hot here at the moment to be using a liquid sulphur spray safely without risking major damage to my plants and so the 13% sulphur in Magnesium salts is my next best option.

Cheers, let's see what happens...

I will be using neem/dishsoap at some stage when it cools some more as well as a further attack, but its currently 9pm at night and its still 22.5C (72.5F) and 85% humidity and is not expected to drop much more tonight. Too hot for sleeping and will be hitting over 30C tomorrow and will be high humidity unless the promised storms start hitting ... only thing for me to do is drink a Espresso and then sup on a pint of guiness while I sort some seeds for sending.

Wow... it's almost -3 degrees C. here right now, and going to get much colder before it starts to warm up again. Summer seems pretty remote right about now...

Yes Stickman your seeds should be in the post on Monday ;) (I would post them tomorrow but I would prefer to keep them out of a hot mailbox for the weekend)

Sorry I have taken a while but I had to wait for them to dry out a little especially the Douglahs

No worries... and thanks so much for saving out the seeds. I appreciate it! Hope the ones I sent work out for you. It's probably too late for you to start them this season, but will be checking in to see how they're doing for you in the next. :dance:

#50 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Yeah might not be this season stickman but I will never say never .... just gave my plants an Epsom salts and dishwashing liquid spray. Hopefully it helps them out alongside the neem I had been giving them it at least might help with any magnesium issues and give them a little boost even if it doesn't necessarily take care of the broad mites

#51 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

All right a small pictorial update .

Not too much more to report and please excuse the samey nature of some of these photos and pods/varieties but I am fairly limited this year in my selection and amount of pods to take photos of so far (hopefully that improves if the plants get some of their mojo back)

Posted Image
7 pot "Primo" Upside down Cleavage, Nutsack or Ass (Sorry Gas no faces well maybe some peoples :D )

Posted Image
Bahamian Goat Pepper

Posted Image
Bonda Ma Jacques

Posted Image
Jungle Rains Mystery Superhot #1 (No Idea what it is)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Jungle Rains Mystery Superhot #2 (Maybe Brainstrain??)

Posted Image
Mystery Pod/plant out of Pepperlovers Kerinting Seeds

Posted Image
Po Cheong

Posted Image
Prik Luang Just Starting to Ripen (I think this type of pod would make great Paprika/Powder)

Posted Image
Cili Goronong

Edited by Trippa, 18 November 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#52 gasificada

gasificada

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,436 posts
  • aka:Gas / Gassy

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

7 pot "Primo" Upside down Cleavage, Nutsack or Ass (Sorry Gas no faces well maybe some peoples :D )

No, no... cleavage and/or buns is good! :D (But nutsacks? Maybe not so good. :lol:)

#53 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image
Last Seasons Chocolate Bhut Jolokia Early Stage Bonchi

Posted Image
Posted Image
Last seasons Scotch Bonnet TFM Early Stage Bonchi

Posted Image
Yellow 7pot/pod

Posted Image
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend

Posted Image
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Blend

#54 gasificada

gasificada

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

Bonchis... sweeeet! Looking forward to watching 'em come along. I've been planning on starting one of my own for a long time now. I wonder if I will ever get around to it! :lol:

And ripe Morugies... :hell:

#55 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Yeah I have been planning them for a while. I hope I can get them twisted and contorted into some gnarly mini tree shapes

#56 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

No, no... cleavage and/or buns is good! :D (But nutsacks? Maybe not so good. :lol:)

I have been standing on my head all morning ... its definitely an upside down cleavage with low cut top :D

#57 tylerdodd25_92

tylerdodd25_92

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

nice pictures great info

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered -Ralph Waldo Emerson

#58 Trippa

Trippa

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

nice pictures great info

Cheers for stopping by bro and thanks for the compliments

#59 gasificada

gasificada

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,436 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Jungle Rains Mystery Superhot #2 (Maybe Brainstrain??)

Or a TS Morugie maybe? Either way, it looks gnarly!

Posted Image
Mystery Pod/plant out of Pepperlovers Kerinting Seeds

Yeah, that's looking a lot like my Chenzo. :think:

#60 Portuge

Portuge

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Amazing pod shots as always Trippa... wish i had a camera like yours...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Superhot7 Pot Primo, Bhut Jolokia, Balcony, Gold Coast, Container, Organic, Soil, Yellow 7 pot/pod, Mystery Superhots, trippa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests