• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Looking good Ramon. Hope the Mite Death by rosemary works for ya.

Going to try and get some pics of one of my Thai Fires, The leaves are just falling off of it. They arent yellow or anything, they are just falling off. I have a feeling it is the soil as it is the only one that I used dirt from the river instead of topsoil mix that I made. Will let you know so you can take a look and maybe give some insight. Should be posted tomorrow in my glog, maybe tonight if I get a chance on the computer at home LOL.

sicman said:
looking real good my man!! i think those mushrooms are Gymnopilus palmicola. i need to see the gills and a spore print, regardless they are for sure in the gymnopilus family. and that is yalls mycology lesson for the day ;)
Jason they might be Gymnopilus palmicola but I can tell you for sure no purple ring ;)

Sanarda said:
Lemme first say, Damn you miss a lot in a day... On the rest, those MoA pods look wonderful. Some bonnet shaped, some with no bonnet and pointed, some with tails. IMO thats the way a pepper plant that is true is supposed to grow. Take seeds from the pods you like and try to replicate. True plants represent many variants.. Your on point my good man... Walk good!!!!!!!!
Pia that “replicate” sounds like borg technology to me ;) Thanks for your positive vibrations ^_^

Al-from-Chile said:
Unless, of course, we run into more serious problems, like the sun not coming up tomorrow.

:D

Pd: joking aside - even you "sickest" plans look great.
Al how did you know the sun wasn’t coming up, you must be physic ;) So far all day it’s been thick rain clouds but no real sky water, barely a drizzle rain o_O Gallons of sky water are supposed to show up and hit tomorrow, hopefully not all at once :0 Thank you for complements on sick Ms. Rasta ^_^

P. Dreadie said:
Everything is going great it looks like. I'll be updating my glog soon.

Peace
Erin thanks, mon I can’t wait to sink my teeth into a Jamaican MoA Scotch Bonnet, soon come I guess. Steve’s been MIA with no PC and I’ve not heard from him since I gave him some FL Everglades Mater starters o_O I’d like to hear first hand on his production, last I heard he was full of dem delicious pods ^_^

stickman said:
+1... I have a huge potted Rosemary and a crockpot. If this works out, I'll probably be doing it myself.

Everything looking stellar brother, keep up the good work!
Rick fire up dat crock-pot brethren at the mix ratio that I started with it’s not going to do any harm … BAM … BOOM … BAM … BOOM … excuse me the pods are exploding again, hahaha ;) Thanks for the positive vibe brethren!

koskorgul said:
Looking good Ramon. Hope the Mite Death by rosemary works for ya.

Going to try and get some pics of one of my Thai Fires, The leaves are just falling off of it. They arent yellow or anything, they are just falling off. I have a feeling it is the soil as it is the only one that I used dirt from the river instead of topsoil mix that I made. Will let you know so you can take a look and maybe give some insight. Should be posted tomorrow in my glog, maybe tonight if I get a chance on the computer at home LOL.
Rob, I’m looking forward to seeing your latest pics, I’ll take a look in a few minutes to see if they’re up ^_^ The product “Death by Rosemary” from Kill Dem Mites Industries did not kill the plant so I’ll wait a few days and step up the ratio.

Further observations on Death by Rosemary:
  • I don’t think a picture is needed yet, she looks the same but the leaves do look better. This could be due to the matte finish, I’m not sure yet.
  • I’ll let a few days pass and spray her again, hopefully we’ll have some sun by Friday or Saturday to see how that affects the leaves.
  • I am sure the ratio was too low; I seriously think you can go 2oz. of the rosemary oil per gallon of water and I’ll stick with 1oz of soap because at 2 to 3oz’s of soap you definitely need to rinse it off per my previous experience spraying with soapy water.

Small harvest today, I wasn’t going to take pictures but 3 of the JA Hab pods surprised me with signs of MoA envy and thought it interesting enough to post a few pics. Check out the top 3 in the group shot showing their bottom side.
2vtvcc8.jpg

2nl7iad.jpg

2qb4wo3.jpg

2z6w8rq.jpg

2s00kdx.jpg

30hy6g5.jpg

2pqunfl.jpg

Thanks all for stopping by and checking the glog, have a great day ^_^

Wow those sure are pretty! So they typically have the Hab look about them?

AND just perfect, they look almost ceramic with that shine.

Great job!

Looking forward to the Death by Rosemary results. It would be great if they kills them stankin leetle bastuurrds :D

+ 1 on Scott: be safe! We're getting hammered by rain, flooding but no tornado watches.

That aside, SNS 217 is 2% and I agree with 2 oz., Ramon. I think it will work, maybe not as fast as 217 but the price differential, geez! Scott, thank you! ;)

What can I say, Ramon. Geez. MOFO WOW! MoA's thing of absolute beauty, JA Habs look polished, or ceramic, as Scott said, and loving that Choc Scorp! Protect them babies if you can, and most of all, take care of yourself with "Andrea." That goes for Jamie, Bill, everybody down that way and in paths of this!

Devv said:
Wow those sure are pretty! So they typically have the Hab look about them?
AND just perfect, they look almost ceramic with that shine.
Great job!
Looking forward to the Death by Rosemary results. It would be great if they kills them stankin leetle bastuurrds :D
Scott the JA Habs normally look just like Habs but since they’re from Jamaica I have no doubt they were crossed at one point with Scotch Bonnet. Once in a while they show their true roots by pumping out a few unique pods compared to how they normally look. Forgot to mention in the “Death by Rosemary” oil spray that I’m using hot water with it as that’s the way I normally use neem cause it’s recommended. Don’t know if that makes much of a difference. Have a great one and thanks for great vibe mon!

DocNrock said:
Gorgeous pods, Ramon! Love the phenotype of those JA Habs.
Thanks Doc Brent, dem tasty too ^_^ if you wana try growing some next season let me know and I’ll drop you some seed.

millworkman said:
Shouldn't your name be walkwell?
lol Noah I wish … just when I get thru one issue another pops up, thank God I’m getting pods. Thank you for stopping in and commenting ^_^
BTW WalkGood mon!

Devv said:
I read this AM about the tropical storms coming to Fla. Hopefully not to much rain or any damage!
Scott the storms north of us down south, I hope Jamie, Bill & Sick make it through ok. Tropical storms aren’t that back down here but they seem to hurt the NE all the way up much more. Hope everyone gets thru it ok, btw it’s stopped raining here but overcast and we’ll probably continue getting some rain on and off …

annie57 said:
+ 1 on Scott: be safe! We're getting hammered by rain, flooding but no tornado watches.

That aside, SNS 217 is 2% and I agree with 2 oz., Ramon. I think it will work, maybe not as fast as 217 but the price differential, geez! Scott, thank you! ;)

What can I say, Ramon. Geez. MOFO WOW! MoA's thing of absolute beauty, JA Habs look polished, or ceramic, as Scott said, and loving that Choc Scorp! Protect them babies if you can, and most of all, take care of yourself with "Andrea." That goes for Jamie, Bill, everybody down that way and in paths of this!
Thank you Annie, we’ll be safe on dis one ... btw we're now in tropical storm season, some of my most stressed pods come out right before the big one hits ;)

“Ceramic” what the heck ... they are wooden like my other wood carvings, see the early days pic before I started using airbrushing and bondo ;)
30wvzn8.jpg

koskorgul said:
Can you say Pod Envy.
Very nice micro-harvest Ramon
Lol, Thanks Rob … have a great one today ^_^

sensei.. i feel i have failed.. i have 3 JA habs... 2 that were in 1gal containers and one in solo.. the two bigger ones are somewhere in the mix of 174 plants.... so come pod season.. i will require for you to assist me ID it.. all in all wish you well with the pest

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
sensei.. i feel i have failed.. i have 3 JA habs... 2 that were in 1gal containers and one in solo.. the two bigger ones are somewhere in the mix of 174 plants.... so come pod season.. i will require for you to assist me ID it.. all in all wish you well with the pest
If I can successfully pick one pod out of hundreds thousands that you'll produce out of 174 plants in a mix of Habs via a picture over da net I would be a sensi, lol … that might be a tuff one but I’ll try. Pests are pest, they’ll never go away and now I’m thinking there are things we read that just aren’t true. Earlier today I saw a spider mite walking up the side of a bright red cup full of water. I’ve always read they hate water now what’s up with that o_O

Andrea takes her first casualty in South Florida, Ms While Bhut … I’m devastated to say the least :( While the net says wind @ 11 MPH I know better it’s gusting there about 25 to 30 knots.
302nmfm.jpg

332bckz.jpg

4k8y1w.jpg

Anyone have second thoughts about removing low branching side stalks shouldn’t, I know I will in da future. I couldn’t bring myself to remove them as they were all growing so symmetrically but I should have seen this coming after loosing one side stalk over a week ago and noted a deep cavity into the main stalk. Then loosing one more with today’s high winds earlier today and another cavity so close to the existing one was all the main could take ... snap and the main full of pods fell to da ground :/ I've temporarily relocated the ones I can but not the JA Habs or MoAs, while I’m confidant this shouldn’t happen to any of my JA Habs, I don’t know about the MoAs.
9q8g8z.jpg

She still has 2 of the four side stalks but it’s not the same. They're only holding 1 pod and 3 or 4 flowers ... compared to the main was full of pods setting :/
ir86yo.jpg

She was loaded with flowers and setting pods too small to save, these are the only viable pods :/
6s4eis.jpg

mi100p.jpg

2pyq1xf.jpg

down here they say "al mal tiempo - buena cara" ...

so, you need to clone the white bhut :-)

cheers, Al

pd: I dropped a crate with some 64 cells of pasiflora today (and I dont have the weather to blame :D) ... well sped up some plans and potted up whatever I found on the floor

Al-from-Chile said:
down here they say "al mal tiempo - buena cara" ...

so, you need to clone the white bhut :-)

cheers, Al

pd: I dropped a crate with some 64 cells of pasiflora today (and I dont have the weather to blame :D) ... well sped up some plans and potted up whatever I found on the floor
Thanks for the good cheer Al, sorry to hear about your pasiflora drop :/

Bows head, taps playing in background.
 She was a good plant, a healthy plant till that bitch Andrea came out of the sea.
 She will be missed, She was a lvoing, caring soul that gave back to those that looked after her.
 May she rest in peace, or cloned so her offspring can continue her legacy
 amen

Sorry to hear about your loss brother.

RocketMan said:
Clone it Ramon, you pulled the pods now stick that thing into some dirt and see if it'll start growing some roots.
Bill great minds think alike … I did just that right after the pictures. She was too big to try in water and I didn’t want to cut her back. Now it’s a wait and see game …

koskorgul said:
Bows head, taps playing in background.
She was a good plant, a healthy plant till that bitch Andrea came out of the sea.
She will be missed, She was a lvoing, caring soul that gave back to those that looked after her.
May she rest in peace, or cloned so her offspring can continue her legacy
amen

Sorry to hear about your loss brother.
Rob that’s funny, part of me wanted to bust out laughing while I was reading it and the other part is sad, thanks for the “taps” brethren.

annie57 said:
+1 to the Bill! Could clone!!! Am sorry, Ramon, but still could go for it.
Believe it or not I’ve now got 3 going, the first side branch started a few days ago and I posted a pic back a few pages. 2 in water and one in pot with good soil and additives, I can only hope now …

Thanks guys/girl ... you are all the greatest!

Back