• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

small pepper plants

Prik kee noo doesn't get much taller than 12 inches when kept in a container. They do well in small containers like thai hot. In fact I happen to be giving away seeds over in the growdown thread in "Glogs". Come join up, compete, have fun, grow small plants!

Sure they will, but they'll stay compact for you. Root bound doesn't mean they'll die, they just won't be able to grow to their full potential.

This!!

You can keep them in drink cups and feed them diluted nutrients every other water or so and they will produce very well for you. When they do stop producing pull it from the cup, cut half the roots off and cut the plant down to a smaller size and repot back into cup with new medium. You can do that pretty much forever if you want to.

thai varieties are really good for small size.. ive had them for years in my doorways.. they dont produce too many pods but are still very hot

I had a pepper called dwarf salsa that I grew last year. Was no more than 6 inches tall, maybe a foot across and fairly prolific for its size. Heat of about a jalapeƱo. I can send you some seeds if you'd like. I'll try and hunt down some pictures.

NIPPON TAKA
JAMAICAN MUSHROOM
SM PEACH LANTERN HAB
WILD BRAZIL
WIRI WIRI (can stay small if given lots of light)
AJI OMNI-COLOR (if given enough light)
these are one i can remember because i grew them or have friends who have

thanks your friend Joe

that would be great and yes please post the pics

Here is the only pic I could find. It's about 2 inches tall here, and already putting out buds. Sorry I don't have one of the full size plant. If you want those seeds just pm me you address, and I'll get them in the mail.
34142-0_zpsef71d69a.jpg

oh okay thanks compmodder for explaining and i have been watching the grow it will be interesting to see how it turns out and i know i cant hold my own against those guys growing

I'm in the growdown, and this is pretty much my first year growing with any seriousness. I'm gonna get me arse handed to me, but, like ghostpepper said, free seeds, and it'll be a great and fun learning experience.

there is bonsai pepper Im growing right now, its suppose to be a type of pepper that was breed for bonsai, Im not sure how it would turn out, but so far the leaves are very small and pointy, the plant is small and slow growing. I got the seeds from a friend from China who is also into bonsai. I dont think we have these in north America, so I guess I can keep u updated on this.

Back