• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2013

Finally got me some lights and a heat mat...

lightstand1.jpg

lightstand2.jpg

The trays are the self-watering Burpee 32-cell type..Hopefully they will maintain more consistent moisture levels.

This is what I sowed:

C. chinense
MoA Scotch Bonnet (STEVE954), 6
Madame Jeanette (Meatfreak), 6
Bahamian Goat (FadeToBlack), 6
NagaBrain (romy6), 8
Trinidad Scorpion, 4
7 Pot Yellow, 8
Cumari do Para (capsidadburn), 8
Bonda ma Jacques x 7 Pot Yellow (Spicegeist), 4
Chupetinha, 4

C. annuum
Doux Tres Long des Landes (Meatfreak), 6
Poblano, 8
Zapotec Jalapeño, 12
Chiltepin, 8
California Wonder, 4
Chilhuacle Rojo, 8
Thai Garden Birdseed, 4
Ashe County Pimento (kentishman), 4
Kitchen Pepper (Datil), 4

C. baccatum
Aji Amarillo, 8

There are a few spots still open. Probably will sow NuMex 6-4 and some Morouga, because people are asking for it....

That's a really clean setup! I saw those at Home Depot, but they were about $20 a piece for the germination kits. They looked like they were fairly well made. Definitely want to see how they turn out for you.

That's a really clean setup! I saw those at Home Depot, but they were about $20 a piece for the germination kits. They looked like they were fairly well made. Definitely want to see how they turn out for you.

Thanks ss! It's great to see a NOLA grower here! Home Depot is where I bought the trays...Not cheap, but it beats having to re-seed a month later because I couldn't seem to manage the moisture levels (like I did last year)...

Gary is back.........

Show those overwinters.

Hey Rodney! The overwinters are looking kind of scraggly right now, but I'll see if I can get some good shots...

Now we can officially call it a 2013 grow. G money is in the house !!!!

Haha! Thanks Jamie! :party:

Looks good, very manageable list this year... glad to see the Bonda x Y7 made the cut.

Thanks, Charles...you know I had to grow that one! Two of my favorite chiles in one awesome honkin' huge, tasty pod...

Hurray...Gary's Back!

I like that list , and you do have extras planted for each variety. I dig those permanest trays. I can have eight 5 1/4" pots in each . The trays support the weight fine especially if you have to carry them around. I could be carrying a heavy tray and all of a sudden have the urge to sneeze .....I don't have to worry about those folding up like an Accordian............ha

I remember last year when you posted up an early shot of your herb garden.....that looked so cool. I was just seeding my Basils and other greens...
Good luck with that spiffy grow setup..it looks great.....can't wait to see some plant photos!

Greg

Finally got me some lights and a heat mat...

lightstand1.jpg

lightstand2.jpg

The trays are the self-watering Burpee 32-cell type..Hopefully they will maintain more consistent moisture levels.

This is what I sowed:

C. chinense
MoA Scotch Bonnet (STEVE954), 6

man... i thought i had all the the scotch bonnets.. now theres MoA!! ahahahahahaahahhahaaaaaahhhhhhhhh... nice to see you back on here Gary.. excited to see how things go well

i want.. i want... MoAAAAAAA... hahahha

Super clean setup & great list Gary!
You're growing more varieties than i thought :D i'm happy that KP Peach made the cut!

Happy season!

Datil

I see you are sticking with the Aji Amarillo despite its challenges. Me too, it's just too tasty, it's like a delicacy, if I just get a dozen ripe pods (or even less) I'll be happy. This year I am keeping a couple in containers despite their monstrous size, as I had at least 40-50 green full size pods on each plant in the ground by the time a hard frost came and wiped them out. At least I will be able to bring them in and let them ripen if they are in containers. I did get about 2-3 dozen ripe pods through the season despite. Anyway back to YOUR glog...

Nice looking setup, I use 4 24 cell self watering trays and 2 72 cell self watering. As long as I keep a fan moving they work awesome! Good luck in 2013!

Thanks Chris! I've got the ceiling fan on in there. Chile plants seem to dig the flow, both in the soil and the air...

Hurray...Gary's Back!

I like that list , and you do have extras planted for each variety. I dig those permanest trays. I can have eight 5 1/4" pots in each . The trays support the weight fine especially if you have to carry them around. I could be carrying a heavy tray and all of a sudden have the urge to sneeze .....I don't have to worry about those folding up like an Accordian............ha

I remember last year when you posted up an early shot of your herb garden.....that looked so cool. I was just seeding my Basils and other greens...
Good luck with that spiffy grow setup..it looks great.....can't wait to see some plant photos!

Greg

Thanks Greg! I do dig the nice sturdy trays...Who would of thunk that trays would be a big deal?

Wow, thanks for remembering--That was an awesome parsley bed...I put moss roses and heather in it after that, and never got back to the herbs...The other half of the patio beds were taken over by the "kitchen annuums," so I had to put in a few ornamentals for my wife...This year instead of the heather for the tall back plants I'm putting in sweet basil...The honeybees love it almost as much....

Gary,

Looking good! Hope you have a good season.

Tom

Thanks, Tom! I'm looking forward to seeing your grow, too.

I'm excited to see this grow!

Thanks Ido!

Gary! Good to see the glog buddy! Great setup/selection. Can't wait til summer to see the pepper jungle beds!

Thanks, Steve! I'm counting big on those MoA Bonnets!

Good luck on you 2013 grow season Gary. Something tells me this will be your best ever.

Thanks, Richard! Are you growing this year?

man... i thought i had all the the scotch bonnets.. now theres MoA!! ahahahahahaahahhahaaaaaahhhhhhhhh... nice to see you back on here Gary.. excited to see how things go well

i want.. i want... MoAAAAAAA... hahahha

Hahaha! Thanks, Denniz! You can be sure to receive some fresh pods when they're ready. I've been watching your blog...It's looking great already!

Wishes for another great season Gary! Good luck!

Thanks Shane! And thanks for looking!

Awesome looking set up and top looking list bro!! Will be following your great grow ... best of luck for 2013

Thanks Trippa!

Now that's a proper light setup! Clean and efficient, best of luck to you this season, buddy!

Thanks Stefan! I think I must check for hooks about 100 times a day, and I sowed the seeds only a couple days ago...

Back