• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2013 Garden Season

Coming from 2012
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27752-justaguys-2012-garden-season/page__st__300

Ok life has stabilized and I am finally getting this going.

Back on January 23rd I cleared the back 200
100_2071_zpsbc0ff717.jpg

Then checked on the germ tray I had set up.
100_2072_zps69244853.jpg

100_2073_zps9c1bc1bf.jpg

2 days ago I was going to drop seed in soil, but noticed a fuzzy mold on the soil. It was left over soil from last year. Never used but in it's bag apparently whatever started growing. I deftly removed 3 inches from the bag before getting the tray ready, however that didn't do the trick. I dumped it all and reloaded then let it get back up to temp.

Today I finally dropped seed and it felt so good. :silenced:

100_2075_zpse91f04d6.jpg

And instead of typing up a list I decided to go the easy route.
100_2078_zps6fddcbc5.jpg

Now the fun begins. I will be putting 95 in ground this year and around 30 in containers of some sort or size. I will have sprouts that will not get one of the available 216 cells that will need a home. I may be mailing some sprouts in tubes straight from the germination tray again this year.

Thanks for stopping by.

Holy Crap.....That's alot of peppering,
Have fun with the startup...enjoy your free time now while you have it.............. :shocked:

Nice plot. I may set up a hoop house of some sort eventually myself to lengthen my season a bit. Good luck this year!

Thanks. Glad you think so. I hope to have better production per plant due to more space given to each.

Holy Crap.....That's alot of peppering,
Have fun with the startup...enjoy your free time now while you have it.............. :shocked:
As they get to growing I am going to be getting some of these type hanging baskets
english-garden-hanging-basket-18inch-01.jpg
and trying a little project.

Nice plot. I may set up a hoop house of some sort eventually myself to lengthen my season a bit. Good luck this year!
I won't be covering it again this year. The bamboo is simply there to support the misting hose. I may get a framework around the 300 too.

Awesome Brian! Good luck with your grow this year.
Thanks

Nice hot list!

Be good to see some peppers in that basket, tom's grow well in hanging baskets so peppers stad a very good chance. Would you make a type of hanging basket yourself or buy them premade?

Good luck for your 2013 season

Nice list JAG, lots of heat coming :)

Happy season

Datil
Yeah I should be able to light some fires and a few new ones this year. If I can't light them with peppers I have that wood pile in the back to help. :rofl:

good luck this season :party:
Thank you

Awesome grow list. Hope you have great germination rates!
Most of the time I hit around 80% or better, but I would rather be safe then sorry.

Nice hot list!

Be good to see some peppers in that basket, tom's grow well in hanging baskets so peppers stad a very good chance. Would you make a type of hanging basket yourself or buy them premade?

Good luck for your 2013 season
Going to buy a couple of the baskets when I get my tax return. Going to try a little something I have seen someone else do.

Nice list Brian! I will be growing a few from the pods and seeds I got from you. That yellow 7 you have is as big as a raquet ball and lumpy and bumpy. EEEKKK! All the best my friend.

Nice list Brian! I will be growing a few from the pods and seeds I got from you. That yellow 7 you have is as big as a raquet ball and lumpy and bumpy. EEEKKK! All the best my friend.
\Thanks. You have a good season ahead of you too. Maybe some weekend I will be able to make it to Pitt to visit and see your plants.

Brian,
I have a few of those that I plant some annum flowers and cascading vines. Although there's a woman who buys the Maui Purple off me every year.
Ha......funny enough she was a Hippy from the 70's...that's a different story. She uses the hanging basket for the Maui plant and lets it cascade over the sides. It trails down a ft or two. She puts a green Dracena in the middle as a center feature. She has a picture and I get....have to see it every year.............. :rolleyes:

The coco fiber drains pretty fast, I add water explansion granules to my medium because mine are in full sun most of the day. Save the basket you can buy the liner buy the yard cheaper than replacing the exact one as a whole. I'm curious what cha got going ? ....Selling hanging baskets for Mother's Day...$$$. .......That works...

Great variety in a relatively small list, but holy crap that's going to be a huge grow with multiples of each variety. Looks great! This is definitely one to follow!

Brian my brotha? What is the deal? I didn't see any chocolate habs on your grow list. Did I miss it somehow :mope:

No but all jokes aside I will be following this bad with open eyes. Best of luck this year. :party:

Brian,
I have a few of those that I plant some annum flowers and cascading vines. Although there's a woman who buys the Maui Purple off me every year.
Ha......funny enough she was a Hippy from the 70's...that's a different story. She uses the hanging basket for the Maui plant and lets it cascade over the sides. It trails down a ft or two. She puts a green Dracena in the middle as a center feature. She has a picture and I get....have to see it every year.............. :rolleyes:

The coco fiber drains pretty fast, I add water explansion granules to my medium because mine are in full sun most of the day. Save the basket you can buy the liner buy the yard cheaper than replacing the exact one as a whole. I'm curious what cha got going ? ....Selling hanging baskets for Mother's Day...$$$. .......That works...
Didn't think of that, but that is a nice idea. I have some peppers with light pods and the needed bushiness for this project to work out. I also have to get 2 6 foot green garden stakes to run a line between to hang them on, since I don't have the space to hang them decoratively. We'll call it elevated additional garden space that I can mow under.

Great variety in a relatively small list, but holy crap that's going to be a huge grow with multiples of each variety. Looks great! This is definitely one to follow!
Thanks for stopping by. I could grow a ton of varieties, but I have found the ones I need for my sauces(present and on the way) and the ones I want for powders. Then of course there are the one or 2 of different little ones to try or that are just for personal use. Of course the cumari's, thai fire, and indonesian chiles produce heavily enough that I only need 1 or 2 even though I know I already love them and may be adding to some sauces. I have, of late, become acutely aware of the tip of the tongue burn that comes from the Thai fires and Indonesians.....I may have to add some to a sauce for that part of the burn to come in with whatever else is being burnt already. :lol:

Brian my brotha? What is the deal? I didn't see any chocolate habs on your grow list. Did I miss it somehow :mope:

No but all jokes aside I will be following this bad with open eyes. Best of luck this year. :party:

FIFY
No but all jokes aside I will be following this bad boy with open eyes. Best of luck this year.

OR
No but all jokes aside I will be following this badly with open eyes. Best of luck this year.

OR
No but all jokes aside I will be following this bad ass, Sounthern beatin', Northern representin', winter break lovin' Glog with open eyes. Best of luck this year.

:rofl: :rofl:

Ok OK Serious Lee Jamie....Chocolate Habs didn't make the cut. I still have a gallon freezer bag full. Years ago I loved them, then I was introduced to many more wonderful flavored peppers. I still like them, but just like my Slinky from when I was a kid, I only play with them every now and then.

OK time for an update. Photobucket changed up so let's see if it will be easier or more of a pain in the butt.

Here are the 3 lazy man overwinters.
Morouga Scorpion, Indonesian Chile(heading to it's 3rd year), and a Cumari Do Para
100_2080_zpsc306641c.jpg

Here are some Indonesian Chiles, Thai Fires, and Thai Variegated from 2012's garden. They are just hanging around dry until needed. :rofl:
100_2083_zps4d788809.jpg

There are tall ladies needing to get a new home.
100_2085_zps9d9076ca.jpg

Started with Serranos
100_2086_zpsa44f626c.jpg

The beauty of planting all my sharpie seeds in the fall is that come time for putting sprouts in it is time to harvest the markers. :D
100_2087_zpsf8a6ff57.jpg

Here is one of the long legged beauties after moving into her new home.
100_2088_zps5155255d.jpg

And here is their condo that has 3 levels and will eventually be filled.
100_2090_zpsd497483d.jpg

Kept the Serranos, Indonesian Chiles, and Thai Fires in one tray which will also home my one cross and the Nards when they are ready since all these are annums(?) and grow faster. Yeah I don't really keep up on what is annum, bac., chinense, etc. For me it is more.....I know they do this and therefore I will do this.

The fun has begun.

Well it's about damn time :rofl: . You are gonna have your hands full :party: Can"t wait to see what is going in the front yard bed this year :dance:

Back