• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2013 Garden Season

Coming from 2012
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27752-justaguys-2012-garden-season/page__st__300

Ok life has stabilized and I am finally getting this going.

Back on January 23rd I cleared the back 200
100_2071_zpsbc0ff717.jpg

Then checked on the germ tray I had set up.
100_2072_zps69244853.jpg

100_2073_zps9c1bc1bf.jpg

2 days ago I was going to drop seed in soil, but noticed a fuzzy mold on the soil. It was left over soil from last year. Never used but in it's bag apparently whatever started growing. I deftly removed 3 inches from the bag before getting the tray ready, however that didn't do the trick. I dumped it all and reloaded then let it get back up to temp.

Today I finally dropped seed and it felt so good. :silenced:

100_2075_zpse91f04d6.jpg

And instead of typing up a list I decided to go the easy route.
100_2078_zps6fddcbc5.jpg

Now the fun begins. I will be putting 95 in ground this year and around 30 in containers of some sort or size. I will have sprouts that will not get one of the available 216 cells that will need a home. I may be mailing some sprouts in tubes straight from the germination tray again this year.

Thanks for stopping by.

PaulG said:
Hey, Brian. Great harvests there, my friend!  Cool to see that
many pods in one place!  I had a 'little red hab that could' last
year, same story.  Turned out to be a pretty good plant, not as
awesome as yours, but a survivor.   Wonder if that is a Red Hab
trait?

Hope you get to spend more time taking pics and posting!
Kudos on a great season, Brian!
Thanks Paul

romy6 said:
Now those are some nice harvest Brian.

Any new sauces in the works this year ?
I wish I could say yes. Some on the back burner, but with life being hectic I haven't had time to play in the kitchen.

Nice harvest there, beautiful peppers!

It's going to quite a bit of work to process that huge pull!

lol That pull is done processed and another was just pulled yesterday. Today I have to work on the super hots and then this weekend is the Caribbean Red Habaneros which look to have about 15+ pounds ready on them.

Justaguy said:
lol That pull is done processed and another was just pulled yesterday. Today I have to work on the super hots and then this weekend is the Caribbean Red Habaneros which look to have about 15+ pounds ready on them.
We'll be sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for the pics!

OK so I had Thursday(Thanksgiving) night off and it sounds like it will be Christmas until I have another off.
The season is over and only in 7 pages here :eek:
Here is a shot of the 6 that got selected for overwintering.
100_2309_zps753096e8.jpg

With all this OT the sauce business is suffering from a lack of advertising so hopefully y'all will see more of me after the holidays.

I was told many moons ago (many) "you either have the time or the money, but not both" and that's if you're a working stiff like me....

I feel your pain, been there for sure.

Hoping your T-day was most enjoyable!

good luck with the OW's!

Back