• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicy Chickona's MMXIII Grow Log

Hello everyone.

Wasn't going to do a grow log this year, but then thought maybe someone could learn from my mistakes. ;o(

So here we go. last year I started my plants mid January and paid the price with mr frost, it was difficult watching everyone starting their plants.

Start off with the building of the new grow light boxes and maybe will get some germination going by tomorrow.

2013_grow_001.jpg

2013_grow_002.jpg

2013_grow_003.jpg

2013_grow_004.jpg

Thanks for stopping in! Cheers - Jeff

Hi Jeff
I've been hoping you'd do a glog this year so I could follow your startup and learn from a Norteno chile master. I did pretty well in a small way last year, but this is the first time I'll be growing so many Chinense varieties. I'm at about 42 degrees N. Lat. and 650 feet elev. If you can do it, I should certainly be able to as well. Cheers!

Wasnt going to do a grow log?????? WTFFF!!!! And just leave us grow loggers wanting?? Na Na Na! The pepper Gods would not have liked that. I am so glad you made the right choice. Glog needs your Glog as inspiration so I am happy you made the right choice. regular updates and many many pics are mandatory...

nice i will so be lurking on this one fo rizzle! good luck :dance: and have a fantastic year :party: :onfire: :woohoo:

its awesome what you do,and have on your property! we all are in a very nice treat! :cheers:

p.s. sorry for all the emoticons i got real happy :rofl:

:drunk:

WOW That is one hell of a reception guy's and gal's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all for the visit and kind words.

Not sure what and how much I will plant this year but a minimum of 4000 hopefully more. Think for the most part anything above 500k but also have a contract for some lower heat.

Will be pulling out the seeds tomorrow and scratching my head, always a hard decision for sure.

Will respond more tomorrow, Hope this season will be without mother nature's wooden rule on the knuckles. lol

Well for the most part I managed to get 1 of the 4 light boxes up and running which is enough room to germinate close to 1600 in 98 cell starters, so tomorrow is planting time.

Once again I feel humbled by the responce!! Thanks and take care.

2013_grow_005.jpg

Cheers - Jeff

Now it is decision time.

What do you think, should I try the Carolina Reaper this year? I only have 5 envelopes, haven't opened em yet but guess that means like 50 seeds.

My wife is taking inventory so will have a list here shortly.

2013_grow_006.png

Thanks for stopping by! Cheers - Jeff

What do you think, should I try the Carolina Reaper this year? I only have 5 envelopes, haven't opened em yet but guess that means like 50 seeds.

Hell, why not? If you are growing 4000 or more, what is another 50? just a drop in the bucket LOL.

Looks like you are off to a great start, good luck this year and hope to see more construction projects.

Hi Jeff,

Really please in a selfish kinda way that you have started a glog this year. I stumbled upon your last glog by accident and by doing so it introduced us to thehotpepper.com. From reading your last couple of glogs and searching this site it has truly inspired us to "givit ago" ourselves. We are lucky enough to have some land also - (not quite on the same scale as yours) but still very usable so decided to grow peppers on it to help get us on the property ladder.

So yeah just wanted to say hi and thanks for the inspiration, if I had not read your last glog then I may not have been on this righteous path we are now on.

From time to time we like to refer back to your glogs, for us it's kinda like the holy pepper grail. :P lol. It's certainly helped us to learn and learn fast some of what we need to know to acheive pepper greatness.

Cheer Jeff and best of luck for 2013

Peter

Pepper grail - bucket list - done. :rolleyes: lol

PjPepper
Know everyone else who posted here, all of them just absolutely great folks, Glad to see you joined the form and one of my glogs was the reason but think you give me way to much credit. But thanks
I try to read a couple of glogs a week, many have started so much earlier than me it takes like 2 hours just to catch up on one.
Have you started a glog? If so, I will check it out soon.
Thanks for the post, a belated welcome is in order. Hope you have a great year yourself!
Cheers - Jeff

Back