#41 CheriLBW

CheriLBW

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • aka:Cheri

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:17 PM

I have ordered 2 years running from them with a good germination rate even with my inexperience with the super hots.

out of the 10 I planted the first year I had all but one germinate. I managed to kill all but 5 of them after re-potting them, but that was my own doing. The 2015 season was about the same for germination, but I over watered the seedlings and lost all but three.

Cheri

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#42 Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts
  • aka:Hot Sauce Guy

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

Whoa - just saw this topic bumped and saw my own posts in here.....funny, my posts here are from back before I started making Black Label, my T.Scorpion sauce.  Since commenting here, I've purchased 100s of lbs of T.Scorpion pods from Ed, and he's always been an honest and fair businessman. Without boring everyone with the details of how hard it can be to source superhots in large qty, I'll just say Ed Curry went above and beyond on more than one occasion. 

Recommended vendor. :cheers: 

#43 TNKS

TNKS

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts
  • aka:TNKS

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:54 PM

But then there is . .  . .  . .
You got 40 people growing your strain,I mean really now ?
Just saying . . . . . . .  2 growers 10 min from me,seriously ?
OBAMA = WAKE UP !!!(pepper folk)

#44 roper2008

roper2008

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

I ordered seed  this month and received them.  Only complaint is that they don't give you much seed.  I was hoping to share some in a

Christmas swap on another forum.  I did get some nice selections from Chris's rare section though.

When the government fears the people, it is freedom. When the people fear the government, it is tyranny.

#45 bpiela

bpiela

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,035 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

Ordered some seeds from Puckerbutt.  They shipped the seeds out promptly.  Check out the card that was included and pay specific attention to the Pro Tip.  Interesting....

Ft4zP8G.jpg?1

#46 wrinklenuts

wrinklenuts

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:21 PM

I really want to grow those lightning habaneros.

#47 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:49 PM

I really want to grow those lightning habaneros.

Then definitely don't try to start them on a paper towel...

#48 Pr0digal_son

Pr0digal_son

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:58 PM

I just bought some Bohemian Goat peppers from them and put them in a paper towel. Are they ruined? Should I take them out and use peat pellets?

#49 Crispee-FL

Crispee-FL

Hot

• Extreme
  • 753 posts
  • aka:Crispee

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:01 PM

I have never had seeds not germinate using a 24 hour soak, then damp paper towel method. I dont get it, unless they are trying to sell you a seed starter kit or something or their seeds are old? (This is not a hate on Ed post, I respect the man greatly just curious as to why they would negate a tried and true method)

Edited by Crispee-FL, 26 January 2019 - 08:19 PM.

#50 wrinklenuts

wrinklenuts

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:24 PM

Then definitely don't try to start them on a paper towel...

I put mine in plastic containers with a wet paper towel a the bottom and seeds sitting on top of the paper towel. I got the idea from buckeye pepper company. Thats how they started all of their seeds. Works for me.

#51 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 10:58 PM

I put mine in plastic containers with a wet paper towel a the bottom and seeds sitting on top of the paper towel. I got the idea from buckeye pepper company. Thats how they started all of their seeds. Works for me.

Hey, definitely wrinklenuts.  I was just making a joke based on the post before mine.  Bpiela posted some of puckerbutt's packaging materials that have a "pro tip" advising not to try to start seeds on paper towels because "it really doesn't work," when obviously it does.

#52 wrinklenuts

wrinklenuts

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:01 PM

Hey, definitely wrinklenuts.  I was just making a joke based on the post before mine.  Bpiela posted some of puckerbutt's packaging materials that have a "pro tip" advising not to try to start seeds on paper towels because "it really doesn't work," when obviously it does.

Yea, it totally works. Btw, there is a lid on the plastic container. I dont know what puckerbutt is thinking. 😂

#53 DontPanic

DontPanic

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

The first time I did the paper towel method, I had several turn into black fur-balls.

I was experimenting at the time, and didn't soak in peroxide or chamomile tea.

I can see how a seed vendor would want to steer the newbies to methods that generate fewer disputes in their experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests