• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DP and RK's first season glog / WELCOME HOME MGOLD86!!! Biggest update yet. Almost 100 pics :)

I've been kicking around doing a glog for about 2 months. There's so many great growers on here, that I don't have much to add. Trust me, no one will learn anything from me. I've been taking some pics for myself, and I've decided in the interest of my own education and learning for the future, it's best to start one. So... Here it is

2/17/13
null_zpsa94c67ed.jpg

null_zps8de898c6.jpg

Hot lemon
Aji lemon drop
Yellow fatalii
Chocolate fatalii
Sweet heat
Chocolate bhut
Yellow bhut
Red bhut
Big bad bhut
Peach bhut
Caramel bhut
Chocolate scotch bonnet
Red scotch bonnet foodarama
Peach scorpion (ajijoe)
Hot cherry
Rusty madballz
Chocolate bhut X yellow 7 f5 choc variant
Chocolate morouga cross
Jay's ghost scorpion
Nebru
Primo
Yellow 7
Jamaican mushroom
Antilles fire
Yellow TS cardi
Red TS
Chocolate TS
Cappuccino habs
Red savina habs
Ivory cluster habs
Douglah billy boy
Douglah yellow billy boy
Douglah red billy boy
Morouga

Just a few days later. Here's an aji lemon drop.

null_zps6e590965.jpg

null_zpsa57cccaf.jpg

Oh now we're lookin good

null_zps3ce0fcce.jpg

I can't even tell you how excited I was at this point

null_zpsff6bbffa.jpg

Here's those lemon drops getting tall

null_zps15262e0f.jpg

Lookin' good!

I was trying my best to not overwater and ended up losing some of them including my lemon drops that I was so proud of. So I hit a wall for a bit and went 2-3 weeks without taking any pics. My babies got real leggy during that time. I didn't have any lights even though they were more than ready. I finally got "some lights" on them, but it was whatever I could grab laying around the house.

null_zps71a001e1.jpg

Here's once we got some "lights" on them

Nice keep up the good work! Bout time to get those sprouts under a light :)

Sorry man these are post dated pics. I'm only around mid march right now :)

So I'm sorry there's such long periods between pics. Around mid march I went out and finally got some lights. But I had nowhere to hang them that was big enough to hold all of these once I potted up. Time to clean the closet! Got it all cleaned save 2 ACs. Threw in some sawhorses...

null_zps0d82139e.jpg

and a scrap of plywood...

null_zps61bf888c.jpg

hung the light...

null_zpsc3c7419b.jpg

and potted up.

null_zpse3ec26ce.jpg

Now I still need to get some extra chain to lower the lights.

So here's an updated list as of mid march. Had a few that either never germed or that I lost as babies to underwatering

Yellow fatalii
Chocolate fatalii
Sweet heat
Red bhut
Big bad bhut
Peach bhut
Caramel bhut
Red scotch bonnet foodarama
Hot cherry
Chocolate bhut X yellow 7 f5
Chocolate morouga cross
Nebru
Primo
Yellow 7
Jamaican mushroom
Yellow TS cardi
Red TS
Chocolate TS
Cappuccino habs
Ivory cluster habs
Douglah billy boy
Douglah yellow billy boy
Douglah red billy boy
Morouga

I only had 2 Jay's ghost scorp seeds. I dropped one into nowhereville when I was putting them in the jiffy pellets and the other never germed. I was pretty bummed

But wait! There's hope after all. About 2 weeks after I potted them and threw my germ tray to the side. More started to pop. They were 100% dry and in a 60 degree room. It caught me off guard but I'm not complaining.

null_zps41470a7e.jpg

So back to that list add

Antilles fire
Rusty madballz
Chocolate scotch bonnet
Chocolate bhut
Jay's ghost scorpion

So on April 6 I threw in some more seeds. Some as extra to go in a topsy turvey. I wanted to try some smaller varieties in it this year. They are a bit behind so we'll see how it goes.

Aji lemon drop
Hot lemon
Thai
Dilly street tamwork Birdseye

But I tried something different since they were "extras"

null_zps6e553f98.jpg

Not exactly innovative but I wanted to give it a try. Sown right into a solo cup, watered, Saran wrapped, on the heating pad.

Seems to somewhat work.

null_zpsa8c8a313.jpg

DAMN I got jealous! Gorgeous babies right there!!!! next year I'll make sure i will be buying t5 light system! will follow this! make sure to add pics weekly hahahah!

Thanks for stopping by, and checking it out. My lights are 4 x 4 foot t8s, and I'm very happy with them. I would have liked t5s, and I found some really nice ones. I decided for the price I would go for the t8s. I figured if in the future I opt to go with t5s I can always throw the t8s in the basement as a shop light.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the love. I'll try not to let everyone down, but it's a long season. Plenty of time for me to make more mistakes. That's why I started the glog in the first place. It's all learning for next year :)

Yay! A blurry nighttime pic. But hey, it is what it is. Last years strawberries seem to be coming back strong. I love the topsy turvey for strawberries. It keeps them from getting EVERYWHERE.

null_zps86dfd688.jpg

null_zps390909d1.jpg

I SOOOOO need to get lights for next season's grow. Mine are nowhere near that big, and I planted in mid February!

Edit for spelling correction

Back