• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What do I have? Pic.

Guess I got what I paid for from Flea Bay.   Supposed to be Lemon Drop.  Still excited that I got a pepper of sort however.   Hot and spicy litlle fellas.   Great flavor.   What do you guys think it is.   Is it a bacattum of sorts?

I put a dime in the pic for size reference.  Could this be a wild bacattum?  TIA

Hmm ... doesnt look like Aji Limon,,the C Bacc,,,but there are others,,I have lemon drop C Chinense,,and Lemon Drop Selection, C Chinense,,both from CGN seedbank,,,it is shaped more like those than the "Lemon Drop" C Baccatum

:cool:
Kevin

It doesn't have an acidic flavor like pequin.  But it definitely has the overtones of chinense on the palate.  I once grew Aji Pendulum and it has that flavor.    I think for sure it's Bacattum but no idea as to which.

I read on here not to trust Ebay for seed and I now see why.  but it was a pleasant suprise however.   Taste great.  Just wish I knew what it was called.   My search of images reveals it very similar to  "wild bacattum".     

well the "lemon drop" baccatum is also called Aji Limon,,has a distinct shape

The C Chinense Lemon Drop

and the Lemon Drop Selection

Kevin

That Chinense Lemon Drop is a dead ringer for it as is the last photo.  Can't tell in the pic as to the leaf structure but those pods appear to be berry sized like mine?       My leaves are broad as all get out and the bush is compact and tight.  hmmmm

Thanks for the response and pics.  :)

wayright said:
An inside flower pic,,will tell us for sure, if it is a Baccatum or not.

Kevin
Wow, just had a look and the inside of flower is a solid off white...no greenish splotches....so I take that it is Chinense.   
Thanks Kevin, I just learned something.   Lemon drop Chinense...LOL

Yea i was just going to say check the flower for green or tan spots, as it reminded me a lot like a C. chinense just by the leaves and shape of the flowers and the way they were held.
So you have a C. chinense of sorts hope they taste good when ripe and they produce well for you.

Back