• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How to keep squirrels out of your pots

I grew in a area once that had a big problem with Rabbits and Squirrels. I used a 3 gal spayer and dumped 1 or 2 packets of Cayenne powder into it and doused the perimeter plants about once a week. It worked. The best thing though, is when a Coyote ate a Rabbit and the remains kept all the vermin away for a long time.

You could try a couple small bowels of rat poison. I wouldn't set it in your pots tho cause it might screw up the ph of your soil.

pepperproblem said:
I grew in a area once that had a big problem with Rabbits and Squirrels. I used a 3 gal spayer and dumped 1 or 2 packets of Cayenne powder into it and doused the perimeter plants about once a week. It worked. The best thing though, is when a Coyote ate a Rabbit and the remains kept all the vermin away for a long time.

There you go, all you need is a coyote and a rabbit. :lol:

I was thinking you could deploy zombie squirrels, but what will they eat when their job is finished?

zombie_squirrels_zps6ea51397.jpg

squirrelzombie_zps08cef853.jpg

KingLeerUK said:
Squirrels?

Just rub their nuts in mashed up chili peppers.
Wait.
I know that if I was visiting somewhere and they rubbed my nuts in mashed Chilli's I wouldn't be back ... great idea

A decent hunting and fishing store might have some fox pee cover scent you can spray around your pots.  Might take them a week to figure out it's a ruse.

Back