food Enchilado de Camarones

As most of you guys/girls know I cook by eye and taste, so feel free to play with the quantities of ingredients. I did the best I can to include measurements and they’re darn close ;)

This dish can be served over pasta or rice ... depicted here served over yellow rice, which is basically white rice with some herbs, spices and safron.

Ingredients:
1 ½ lbs. Peeled and de-veined large shrimp, tails on
6 Tablespoons olive oil or as needed
1/2 Cup chopped large onion or one whole large
1 Red pepper
6 Garlic cloves minced
2 Cans stewed tomato’s (tomato sauce in the picture I did not use)
1/4 Cup white cooking wine
pinch of cumin
2 Cayenne peppers with seeds
1 Habanero without seeds
1 Teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 Teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 Teaspoon sugar
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
1 Mango

I grind the onion in a food processor and start to sauté it in a fry pan with olive oil. While that’s going on I grind up the garlic and add to the onions within 1 ½ minutes and continue the sauté for 3 or 4 more minutes, then adding hand chopped red pepper (nice chunks) so it does not fully soften. Drain 2 cans of stewed tomatoes and grind in the food processor along with cayenne and Habanero peppers and add this to the sauté. Now add the wine, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper.  Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes until the shrimp turns pink and slightly curls up.  Serve over yellow rice and garnish the plate with a few slices of mango, enjoy!

dh3cdj.jpg

fn8ojc.jpg

33zbgc6.jpg

15xq25s.jpg

rqwwmp.jpg

f101gx.jpg

2yxqbk6.jpg

x5a88o.jpg

Looks great but needs moooor hot stuff. 1 hab and some cayenne?? Need Moor. :D 

Damn Ray, you did it again. Now I have to eat again. <sigh> need to look for some shrimp in the freezer. 

Jeff H said:
Looks great but needs moooor hot stuff. 1 hab and some cayenne?? Need Moor. :D
Jeff, I cook for my better half and our two boys, they can’t take too much heat so I add extra on the side to my own. Feel free to add additional peppers and powder, it doesn’t hurt the dish at all ^_^

Jeff H said:
Damn Ray, you did it again. Now I have to eat again. <sigh> need to look for some shrimp in the freezer.
Hope you enjoy and thank you for comments :) BTW the shrimp can be substituted or augmented with spiny lobster.

Devv said:
looks great gonna have to try that!
Yes you should, you have lots of matoes, plenty peppers, onions and garlic in dat beautiful arrow laden garden, hehe. It’s seriously a super tasty dish and if you’re not a rice guy it’s great on pasta. Let me know if you end up making it and how you like ^_^

JJJessee said:
When I grow up, I want to cook like Ramon.
Carl, thanks for the compliment but I’ve seen you make some killer foodie in your glog too :)

Back