• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Researchers Find High Levels of Lead in Mexican Hot Sauces Here are the 5 Worst Culprits

I just read that the other day. Somebody posted a link in chat. Craziness! I like liked El Yucateco too, and have a few unopened bottles that I'm not going to use now.  :sick:

How ya been Nova?

Hey Musky :P  Things have been pretty good around these parts, looking to get my motivation for growing back but apart from that everything is hunky dory.
I spend a lot of time over at reddit these days so am not here as often but i still check in every once in a while! How have you been mate?

Dang it! I just saw this, and El Yucateco has been my new go to. Got three bottles to dump. Have to find something else now. Don't like the strong Vinegar Flavor of Tabasco, and Cholula and Tapatio just dose not have enough kick anymore. I guess I'll have to make sure It's made in the USA for now on.

its funny how some people have such a knee jerk reaction to anything they hear that doesn't sound good to them.
welcome to reality!

if you read the link and did some :think: maybe this :idea: would happen ;)

some quotes

"5 worst culprits" ---- are there more mexicain hot sauce that contain lead !

" They ranked them according to those whose contents "exceeded 0.1 ppm lead, "the current FDA action level for lead in candy," per the report."
wow such a shock FDA allows a percentage of toxins into your food/drinks (sarcasm)

"Caribbean Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero
PPM: .091"

wow some people here are freaking out out about lead in their hot sauce & throwing them out & saying they'll never buy that brand again, yet its still lower than FDA guidelines for CANDY, yet no one here mentioned they're throwing out all their candy and never buying anymore ! :rofl:

" El Yucateco Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero
 PPM: .21
Damnit! I like this hot sauce, and while the scientists didn't specify whether it's the red or green version of the sauce (and didn't even specify if it was El Yucateco to begin with), I guess there's a reason why the hot sauce has such unnatural colors."

need say any more ? was it actually el yucateco ? thats a qoute it says el yucateco but they say in report no name they saw, so go figure ?

" Not examined: hot sauce titans like Tapatío and Cholula,
UPDATE: El Pato Hot Sauce Discontinued in Wake of Study"

what! and other 25 sauces.....are they saying they all contain some lead in them.  el pato stop making sauce...good business move for now. but do you really think they wont start making sauce again after they fix the lead problem!
where is this lead coming from mexicain hot sauce makers ? soil, water, processing plant ?( sarcasm)

are all you gonna stop eating all mexicain hot sauces since they contain lead...only posted top 5 worst culprits!
are you gonna stop eating candy since the FDA allows more lead in candy than 1 brand of hot sauce that you threw out ?

I'm not saying lead is good for you but I'd bet my left nut that most of your prized hot sauces that are mentioned on this site would test positive for some ammount of lead, pesticides,etc...

then lets talk about our wonderful FDA that allows certain percentage of toxins in everything you eat/drink.....including rat feces in your peanut butter & grains, arsenic in your water, mercury in your sea food,etc........the list can go on & on!!!

BTW if you shoot guns with lead you're most likely exposed/consuming more lead than whats in those bottles of hot sauces.

no way to put this politely, though some people need to pull their head out of their a$$ & wake up to the real world cuz you're not getting away from toxins since you're exposed/consume/absorb it everyday at home, work, etc....
unless you hop in a time machince & go back to caveman days & cook over an open fire......oh wait actually charcoal/wood grilling/smoking is actually bad for you vs gas grilling/smoking.

its not gonna stop me from buying el yucateco chipotle (the BEST!!)

Back