• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bhut Jolokia ♀ X Trinidad Douglah Brown

I´m sorry if there is already a thread on that topic, but couldn´t find it.

Is this known to the hybrid growers?

bhutxdouglah_brown.jpg

Pods are very large and superhot, maturing from olive green to brown to mahagony red.

Peter

Nice. They remind me a lot of Madballz 7. I think that`s a cross between a chocolate Bhut and a yellow 7-pot

I'm just saying if any of you want to share a few pods I would .... with tons of joy...... accept them. Tjis is my srcond year and have yet to get a super hot! Starting to get frustrated!
Especially when I see pods like up above!

Mine look just like tht but have not turned any cooler yet ....... I mean they jusy green still ....

pepperjosh said:
I'm just saying if any of you want to share a few pods I would .... with tons of joy...... accept them. Tjis is my srcond year and have yet to get a super hot! Starting to get frustrated!
Especially when I see pods like up above!

Asking for free seeds/pods after only 5 posts and joining the site 12 days ago is frowned upon at least in my opinion.

How is the taste? I tried a Bhut X Douglah last year and it was nuclear hot, but tasted like crap.  Very acidic, strong Capsacin taste.   Here is my vid and write-up.
So this one was hot. Really hot. Really, Really hot. The heat was about instant and only got worse. Once I cut it open it was lofting through the room. The distinct Chinense aroma was present throughout the entire kitchen. I could see the oils all throughout the chili, and was surprised that there wasnt much of a placenta. The inside was like a Bhut in that there are "ribs" that run the lenght of the chili that hold the seeds.

The taste on this one was...not my favorite. Actually, it was as bad as the chili was hot. No citrus, fruit, or chocolate...ok maybe I was reaching for the chocolate. You probably hear a bunch of guys talk about the "battery acid" taste that Douglahs usually have. Brain's Douglah that I tried recently actually tasted pretty good, and this was the complete opposite.

Overall, this was hotter than Kevin's Assam, but not by much. This didn't carry with it the level of appendage disability, however, I had a hart time breathing without pain and sitting still. My body had to keep moving so I didnt just sit and dwell on the pain.

Stomach pain, my arch-nemesis, poked its head in and out for a couple hours or so. It came in waves and wasnt as debilitating as the PGM's Chocolate Bhut, however, it was pretty nasty. Needless to say there was some discomfort associated with this chili. Well you win some you loose some.

RobStar said:

Jeez the gestapo has arrived!  Good grief are you Super Admin?

Hophead loves beer, therefore cannot be Gestapo.

I am the Gestapo, and I frown on new members with low post counts begging for free sh!t.

Naga Chomper said:

Hophead loves beer, therefore cannot be Gestapo.

I am the Gestapo, and I frown on new members with low post counts begging for free sh!t.

Oh dear.  OK well let me bulk up my post count with insignificant posts.  Who cares how many posts you have.  Jeepers creepers man.  Leave your "super-posting" ego cr@p in the crapper.  Jeez give the guy a break.  I think Peter dealt with it quite well.  No need for you to be SuperAdmin - I think we already have those.

It's life Jim, but not as we know it!

Not exactly like I'm a chatty Cathy here. I'm by no means a prolific poster, nor do I have a "super-posting ego".  Only 260 or so posts over my year and a half handily dismantles your theory.

And SuperAdmin? I'm no admin at all. But if Peter dealt with it quite well, why didn't you leave it alone? (And yes, I think the hint there was subtle, but hopefully effective)

See, here's the thing. Do you like it if people you don't know just come up to you and bum sh!t? Like, "hey dude, you have an extra piece of chicken. Can I have it?"

Or "yo bro got an extra treefitty?"

There are tons of peppers and seeds readily available on this site for the price of admission. It's easy, and cheap. Seeds are offered for different peppers for free quite often. Send a SASBE among other options, and grow what one wants to.

Don't come bustin' down the door looking for freebies. These things cost money to grow, and maintain. Not to mention the last time I checked, postage wasn't free either. If the person asking for stuff hasn't made friends on the site it's panhandling.

Make a few acquaintances. Buy a few boxes of peppers. Or some powders, or hot sauces. Participate in the threads, or check into chat. Don't just come looking for handouts right off the bat. And don't defend the guys that do.

I won't respond to anything more. If you still have a beef, hit me up on PM.

Back