The Primo HPLC Testing Thread...By Baker's Peppers

Hey everyone!

I have been getting a lot of questions lately about  one of my previous statements in another thread here on THP.com...

This was the statement  i made that i was sending some Fresh Primos out to an independent lab for testing. Well this has finally been done properly by us here at Baker's Peppers! :) We have decided to go with SouthWest Bio-Labs, Inc. located in the state of New Mexico! I wanted to start a thread that people can search and find easily about the exact findings the testing provides! :) I sent out a packed full SFRB (Ya'll know how I do....!) to the man i have been in contact with over there at SouthWest Bio-Labs by the name of Michael Swickard. He told me that they test both fresh peppers and powdered peppers, so i sent him a box of fresh peppers as thats mainly what we do here at Baker's Peppers. I will post the pics below of the box and the peppers themselves that i sent out to them, in efforts to show you guys as best i can, that im trying to keep the public as "in the loop" on this as I can! :) No matter the results i will post the exact FACTS that the lab sends me right here! :)

The below pictured peppers came off of 20 different plants RANDOMLY selected out of the approx 350+ Primo plants that I currently have on my property. I did it this way to help out the "questioning" reader of this thread honestly! :) You see, if i just walk out into my "section" of Primos and randomly select pods, you will get a WAY more "TRUE" reading of what MY plants put out on the AVERAGE in terms of SHU ratings :) Agreed?? I figured! :D

Heres the pics.....

Sizzlin' Salutations!,
Dale E. Baker Jr
Baker's Peppers LLC

Attachments

• CAM01248.jpg
    CAM01248.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 106
  • CAM01255.jpg
    CAM01255.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 79
  • CAM01258.jpg
    CAM01258.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 83
  • CAM01265.jpg
    CAM01265.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 89
Interesting Dale. I was going to send dried ones, in fact they were headed to the dehydrator tonight. Maybe sending fresh ones like you did is the way to go? What do you think? I realize sending fresh ones eliminates some of the ways someone might adulterate the sample.

I was given the option to send either type of sample, and i chose to go the "Fresh" route! :) Just seemed logical to me as 95% of my business is done in "Fresh" peppers :)

Which type are you sending powder of Brian? Primo? You should! We can see the results from climate to climate growing conditions and its effects on the heat levels, maybe not proof positive resluts in relation to climate alone being the difference..was just saying like for fun as well :)

BakersPeppers said:
I was given the option to send either type of sample, and i chose to go the "Fresh" route! :) Just seemed logical to me as 95% of my business is done in "Fresh" peppers :)

Which type are you sending powder of Brian? Primo? You should! We can see the results from climate to climate growing conditions and its effects on the heat levels, maybe not proof positive resluts in relation to climate alone being the difference..was just saying like for fun as well :)

Yeah, I agreed to take part in the Primo testing.  I think it is good science to see how multiple growers from multiple regions test. I think I might send fresh, since that makes for an even playing field. I dry a lot of peppers, so I do business on both sides of that, but like I said, good science says remove any unnecessary variables.

Also, I almost forgot...this is the topic/subject of this months GIVEAWAY!! (August) :)

Look for it in the Promotion Section of threads!! :)

Hold tight July contest winner, havent got to tally the votes just yet......

Dale Jr

Keep us posted, sir!

Back