• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Need Reviewers for my Hot Sauce

Well I’m finally at a point where I think my sauce is ready for prime time.  So I guess that means I need reviewers to cut it down to size and send me back to the drawing board.  I just started my company and am trying to finalize 4 sauces.  I need fellow chileheads to provide honest and detailed feedback on each sauce and rank them.  I have a 5th sauce that is a duplicate of another and I must have added too many habs and it was hotter than I wished.  I will include that bottle as a bonus. 

I have checked into shipping and it looks like the cheapest option is USPS medium flat rate box.  So I ask that anyone wishing to participate send a 10 spot back in the mail to cover most of the shipping cost.  I’m okay working off a gentleman’s agreement.  We’ll call it a digital handshake.

For feedback I have a Word form to complete.  It contains radio buttons for rating the sauce on various properties, such as too hot, too sweet, flavor, consistency, etc.  There is unlimited room for freeform comments.  Of course, anyone is free to send back additional feedback in other mediums as well.  All I ask is that feedback not be posted publically.  I guess I’m just not comfortable with that yet  :P

I will also provide a list of ingredients and a flavor profile.  These are all natural, preservative-free sauces.  They are medium heat and targeted to the average chilehead.  I would rank them between a 2-2.5 on a scale of 1 to 5.  No superhots yet, but they will come  ;).  Here is a general description of the sauces and ingredients.  It is not a full ingredient list but enough to get a feel for the sauce:

Rio Grande Mud
  • Think chili.  Use with BBQ, steak, beef, turkey, eggs and anything Mexican
  • Savory sauce w/ guajillo, chipotle, de Arbol, habs, garlic, chocolate, coffee

Red Thunder (and RT XHOT)
  • Think BBQ.  Use with pork, chicken, pizza, pasta and just about anything
  • Sweet sauce w/ red habs, chipotle, carrot, ginger, red bell pepper, brown sugar, tamarind

Mustard Bomb  
  • Use as mustard replacement – brats, burgers, hot dogs, pork, chicken, BBQ, et
  • Savory sauce w/ jalapenos, serranos, orange habs, poblanos, yellow bell, carrot, ginger, scallions

Island Sunshine
  • Good with BBQ, chicken, fish, pizza, mac & cheese, Mexican
  • Sweet sauce w/ fresh pineapple, orange habs, orange and lemon juice, ginger, honey

So in short, you provide feedback and $10 and get 5 rockin’ bottles of hot sauce.  If you are cool w/ this arrangement, please PM me.  I will take the first 10 or so responses.

Here are some picks:

Attachments

• P1040612.JPG
    P1040612.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 92
  • P1040617.JPG
    P1040617.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 89
  • P1040615.JPG
    P1040615.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 77
  • P1040616.JPG
    P1040616.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 86
  • P1040614.JPG
    P1040614.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 78
  • P1040618.JPG
    P1040618.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 80
So far we have 4 reviewers:

sicman
BrooklynXpat
Nigel
Brad in Cheek

Payment can be cash or check, just make sure it's not obvious you're sending cash.  Also, the  Word form is digital, so include your email along w/ your shipping address.  I will send you my address for payment along w/ the Word form.  Thanks.

Ken
Ken's Pepper Works
Taste First, Ask Questions Later!

I'm In!  And I see where you'll be including the ingredients, so disregard that comment in the PM.  :)

85- send him a PM, it's a gentleman's handshake.  He'll include a questionnaire to fill out and return with the deneros.

I'll bring them to our chileheads party this coming weekend, we'll get several reviews.

Thanks PepperDaddy!  Generous offer and I'm looking forward to sharing with fellow chileheads.   
:)

SWEET for PepperDaddy!   JayT's done one or two~~~ ;)

Yeah, I'd say he's qualified!  Lucky me to have so much great help!

9 down:
sicman
BrooklynXpat
Nigel
Brad in Cheek
jblo
PepTalk
salsalady
Ocho Cinco
JayT

1 to go.

Ken

Alright, rebelgrower makes 10.  I'm packing now.  If you have not sent your shipping address and email, please PM it to me.  I hope to send these out tomorrow.  For now I'm out of shipping tape, so off to Wal-mart I go.

Thanks THP.  I have 12 solid reviewers who have many more at their disposal.  I'm stoked about this!

UPDATE:
All boxes shipped today w/ an ETA of Mon or  Tue.  I got PayPal figured out so I sent invoices to all as well as the review form and ancillary info. If you did not receive my email or invoice, please let me know because there could be a typo in your email address.  Also, if PayPal does not work for you, please PM me.

That's it.  Thanks to all.

Ken

Back