event 2013 NW Chilefest- Official Thread

salsalady

Business Member
It's that time again! 

We're headed for the 2013 NW Chilefest Today!  Everything's been cussed and discussed, it's time to have some fun in the sun at Sun Lakes Resort!

See y'all in a couple hours.  And this year, we have Wi-Fi so we'll be able to post throughout the weekend. 

Dang!   Wish I was going to be able to make it, as I sure would like to meet you all.  Well, at least I will be able to see the pictures as they come in.   I did manage to meet up with Chileaddict  and gave him 12 packets of MoA seeds to hand out to anyone that wants them.  These are the seeds that Steve954 started sharing on this site earlier.  He sent me plant of extras to share up here in the Pac NW.

Looking forward to seeing the fun I missed :liar:

Bpwilly

:woohoo: Car is packed, and tomorrow after work we roll the 90!!! :woohoo:
I'll be pack'n my 4S, JVC vid cam, and my Sony cam - I'll have plenty of hardware for pics!

Hey, we're here and survived the wind last night.  I'm sitting next to the office to get enough bandwidth to try and post  pics.  We'll see how it goes. 

It's fairly warm, but last night a big wind storm came in and buffeted everything all night.  One canopy casualty....but I think it can be fixed.

HH81 rocked out some poke chops and taters late last night (with some pear-garlic and bbq) for dinner, BACON! eggs and spuds for brekkie, a smoked corned beef/pastrami something for dinner....Oh yea, It's vacation time! 

that's all for now...the rest of the gang will be rolling in tonight and tomorrow. 

Some sauces on tap, and some chocolate scorps and something else for fresh chiles.....I don't remember what hh81 brought...I just know they're   HOOOOOTTTTTT!  'kay, more pics and vids tonight and tomorrow~ 

Just wanted to let you know we're here and chilling....

now, back to RUMinating with one of those socially relevant books with the image of the damsel and dashing rogue on the cover...    

Ignore the BUMP- I deleted one of the other pictures so y'all can see our internet connections via the current bush. 

We're so far out in the country, we have to use current bushes for power! 

Neede a BUMP!  por favor~

Attachments

• IMG_1305.JPG
    IMG_1305.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1306.JPG
    IMG_1306.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1324.JPG
    IMG_1324.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1325.JPG
    IMG_1325.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1327.JPG
    IMG_1327.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1329.JPG
    IMG_1329.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 84
First one home!  WOOHOO!  Less than 2 hours travel. 

WELL! This one was definitely memorable!  In a good way, that is.

Another wind storm blew in last night and ripped through the camp ground.  There were a lot of tent casualties this morning.  It was ripping off all the rain flys of our 3 tents so we took those off, bent the pole of one tent and it took 3 of us to hold onto the tent while tieing it off to a picnic table.  The tent stakes were pulling out of the ground.  Splinted the broken tent leg with a level (from my tool bag) a jack handle, duct tape and electrical wire.  It was enough to get through the night.  (dang, I don't think we got a picture of that.... bummer...)

Attendees-
HabbyHeat81 and BetterHalf (Aaron & Megan)
Anthony, Melissa and kids
onefowl1 (Jacen) and Tristan 
DuvallDave & Kathy
chileaddict
myself and Gabby (the dog)

Here's a few of the pics I took-  the rest will be posting soon-

Overview of the campground.  Lots of trees, grass, full boat launch and docks, lake swimming and pool, boat rentals,
IMG_1373.JPG

Friday evening dinner- pastrami that Aaron brined for 2+ weeks, smoked then wrapped with sauce for a while.  Sliced and made grilled sammies with sautéed onions and cheese and potato salad.
IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

Saturday Fun In The Sun-
Mini Golf with the kids ( we definitely played with "Kids Rules" ....if the ball didn't get up the slope on the first swing, run after it and keep hitting it until it got to the top of the hill.... lol...the kids had a great time and Jacen made a Hole-In-One!!!)

IMG_1349.JPG

And this is what we ladies did for fun in the sun-
IMG_1356.JPG

Megan's always prepared.  Check out her bottle opener flipflops-
IMG_1316.JPG

Getting ready to do sauce reviews for PepperDaddy.  Even the kids tasted the sauces and added their comments.  And a few more sauces to try.
IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

More pics in a bit~

It was definitely a trip I won't forget! Tents breaking, swimming, paddle boating, football throwing, lots of tasty food.. I'm totally using that pear garlic sauce today and next month for my bbq.. I fell asleep early and woke up early (only cause the baby decided it's wake up time) .. Thanks for inviting me to the amazing nwcf I will be definitely going next year!

Gotta get some food  pics in here-

Cooking up breakfast spuds, onions and peppers
IMG_1350.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

Burgers getting happy....and HOT....
IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

OF1 brought some SEA BASS!!!  Filets of white sea bass.....some were grilled (I had one of those fillets on a bun with fixin's......OMG!!!   Carl's JR didn't have nuthin on that sloppy oozy goozy fillet  sammie! 

IMG_1364.JPG

After we dealt with the wind storm, OF1 cooked the rest of the bass in boats with sauces.

Proof that chiles were consumed...(yea, like we actually need the proof....)...who does this pic remind you of?
IMG_1368.JPG

And just for fun, gotta love the baby pics~

Ready!  Set!  HIKE!
IMG_1332.JPG

Cool Baby!
IMG_1335.JPG

Baby had a great time, and so did the kids. 

Tristan and Kylie both go in on the tasting reviews.  They asked to be a part and their comments were very good.   
IMG_1359.JPG

Some of the campsites near us only had 30amp RV outlets, so we let them share our "juice". 
IMG_1343.JPG

All the rest of y'all better be posting some pics and commentery soon-  Let's share about the weekend.

Thanks to all for taking the time to review my sauces.  I love the pic of the little munchkin filling out the form.  He'll probably have his own blog by the time he's 10.

Tristan is 9 right now so you may be right about that, pepperdaddy!  2 years ago he took a bite of a scorpion, and last year he did a drop of Pure Evil.  Kylie got in on the reviewing also, but I didn't get a picture of her.  

I'll re-do the evaluations to make them readable (you'll understand when you see them :lol: ) and send them out tomorrow.

Nice shots, Dave!  Thanks for sharing.

Wind turbines in eastern WA,

A couple shots of the campground from ground level.

Some pics with both the kids in on the taste testing.

The dark shot is at the Grand Coulee Dam laser light show, and the chile plants are at the farm where your chiles are growing, right? 

Good looking plants~ 

I see some Hot Date! That is the final Black Label prototype and in all likelyhood the last bottle in existence. I hope y'all enjoyed it - I'm jealous!  Hopefully the roasted garlic (only) sauce made it along with a couple other prototypes I donated to the cause! 
:D

Back