• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Some more pictures from the chile plants (updated 8/27/13)

Hi Guys,

Just sharing some more pictures of my peppers.
Today when I woke up ofc I immediateley went to check on the babies to see what is going on with them and I noticed
that FINALLY one of them is starting coloration (yeeey :dance: ) which is a Hot Portugal pepper.
I also made some more pictures from the Bhut Jolokia's which I probably will end up with a ton of them, loads of new buds
waiting to flower and allready a lot of little pods too (and ofc some nice larger pods).
When I looked closer to the Bhut Jolokia's I found 2 pods with a pinkish haze on them (hope its nothing to worry abt so will keep an eye out for them)

And to end I made some close ups from the Pimenta de Neyde flowers and pod (only 1 reasonable pod just now but quite some new flowers too)

2m3o37m.jpg

This is the Bhut with the pinkish haze on it (does somebody have info on this?)
333wrqu.jpg

Top view from the Bhut

x4qebl.jpg

Pimenta de neyde flower

jidzir.jpg

side view from the pimenta de neyde flower

1z36us3.jpg

And as last one the pimenta pod

2v01mdt.jpg

Thats it for today :) Hope u guys enjoyed the pic's

the pink haze or purple is just the plants way of putting sunblock on the pepper so it doesnt burn, all it means is the plant was moved and the pepper went from not direct sun to direct sunlight and the plant is protecting it.. dont worry about it at all

Balduvian said:
the pink haze or purple is just the plants way of putting sunblock on the pepper so it doesnt burn, all it means is the plant was moved and the pepper went from not direct sun to direct sunlight and the plant is protecting it.. dont worry about it at all

Well actually u are right on the nose with your answer :clap:  Every day at 9pm they go inside under the HPS for 3 more hours, and at 6am they go back outside to
enjoy direct sunlight.
Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated!!

Greetz,

Olli

Here is a little update for my peppers, pictures are taken today and show notable progress
to the plants.

The Hot Portugals are turning even more red, but the 2 different Hot P's have 2 different kinds of red.

My Pimenta de Neyde's are getting huge (2.75 foot high without the container) and its pods are slowly growing too,
in the previously posted pic the pod was smaller then 1 inch, now its allmost 2 inches!! :dance: The PDN's are spewing out more flowers, buds and pods too.

The supposed to be Bhut Jolokia Yellow plants are really getting HUGE (in width). They are about 2.5 feet wide and 1.5 foot high.
Pods are erverywhere and lots of new flowers and buds waiting to pod.
I'm really curious for this one what it will taste like and if it will be a true Bhut yellow like I've ordered them. (any suggestions from u guys are welcome)

Now enough with the chitchat and up to posting some pic's

The different colored Hot Portugals (some of u will say the color difference is due to the HPS light, but I can assure u that they look different in
color in the daylight aswell. The 1st one has a orange red on it, and the other is really bright red
DSC_0419_zpscac305f0.jpg

DSC_0418_zps61d0c2e5.jpg

The Pimenta de Neyde Pod and the larger view
DSC_0420_zps75efc25d.jpg

DSC_0428_zps5176879e.jpg

The Bhut jolokia yellow pod and closeup from the inside of the plant
DSC_0421_zpsc37a0055.jpg

DSC_0411_zps43c7156c.jpg

Thats it for today folks, thank you for looking and the comments!!
Will update this topic on a regular base to keep u informed on whats going on here in tiny Belgium.

Cheers and THP rocks!!

Greetz,

Oli

----EDIT---     The Bhut jolokia's seem to startoff yellow from bud to pod, strange, but yeah, I'm no expert. Any advice is very welcome

Back