• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

White Hot Sauce

Peruvian White Habs, source PepperLover:
9770280054_a4bec209af_b.jpg

W/Garlic, softening on the stove:
9770284825_9fa6e1182c_b.jpg

After blending:
9770313656_66c7bb735c_b.jpg

In the bottles:
9770325524_2866cee165_b.jpg

I've only tasted it while it was cooking, so I will hold my judgement until I have tried it after it has sat for a couple of days.  While it was cooking, you could taste the garlic and vinegar right away, then the heat would hit you.  The flavors were pretty distinct from one another, my hope is that a more melded flavor will arise after a few days.

keep us updated on the taste.

they look yummy 

i like white hot sauce. even it it very hot, it is not scary looking like the red or black hot sauces. both yellow and white are better looking sauces and i dare eat more of them than the red and browns 

I had some last night and it is good.  Has a nice round garlic taste, almost buttery, then the heat comes at you with a slow build, but tops out pretty intense (the more intense the more you eat).  I think it will go well with anything you would eat garlic on.

NorwegianChili said:
Man do you have gold flakes in your tomato sauce ?

Nice looking sauce tho! 

Not gold flakes, just the way the light reflected with my phone's flash.  Should have turned flash off.
RobStar said:
As they say - that is the money shot!  Pearl necklace anyone?

When I told some friends that I was planning on making this sauce, that is the direction one of them immediately went.
PepperDaddler said:

Ha Ha.  It is good, though.  Garlicky hot sauce on spaghetti.

Back