• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

UBSC Review. OMG!!!

Many thanks to coheed196 for the UBSC, which stands for Unidentified Brain Strain Cross. I think these were from SilverSurfer`s garden. Many, many thanks Vincent.

Vincent sent me so many cool pods I`ve declared this week to be "Coheed Week" on YouTube..  :P So there are lots more reviews to come!!!

The UBSC is an incredibly gnarly, nasty, obnoxious looking pod. The whole thing is covered in brain strain-like lumps, bumps, spots and pimples. Don`t ask me what the cross is, the name says it all. What I can say is I very much doubt it was a Naga/Bhut of any description. That only leaves another 100+ varieties to choose from....

The initial flavour is a little sweet, then slightly floral with a tiny hint of bitterness. Actually, I enjoyed the flavour. Then the heat comes on like a Mac Truck. It fried my tongue and I lost my sense of taste for roughly an hour after I ate this one. The burn is very hot, but also very painful and I think that gives away a few clues as to the other member of the cross. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IZ594vCCpI

PepperDaddler said:
It looks like a Brain Strain crossed with a Dorset Naga.
Definately not a Naga of any description. Absolutely zero Naga flavour. Ok, maybe I`m only 95% sure, as I am in no way perfect in detecting flavours etc

meinchoh said:
That was the UCLA medical center calling - their camera melted during your colonoscopy and they're not happy!!! Great review, Nigel!! Beautiful pod, Vincent!

Ooooops! Beautiful pod, SS!
I just spit coffee over the computer screen after reading that. Nice one, Ed!!!

Got some in from him today as well Nigel and cut one open to smell....wow they smell mean. But not naga smell or something like that, whatever they mixed with they made a great pair... 

Awesome review as always, looks like it got you good!

LawrenceJ2007 said:
Got some in from him today as well Nigel and cut one open to smell....wow they smell mean. But not naga smell or something like that, whatever they mixed with they made a great pair... 

Awesome review as always, looks like it got you good!
Excellent. Let us know how it tastes etc. The heat is mean, just really painful on the tongue. 

Thanks again for the review. I don't know or even understand how you can handle the pain from super hots. Your not human.

Go ahead and show us. Your a cyborg hybrid created to get us humans to eat the stuff you eat. And laugh at us in pain.

Picard_as_Locutus.jpg

jblo said:
Do we know how far along this cross is?

I personally don't know. BigCedar is the one who actually "discovered" this cross. To the best of my knowledge he didn't take any steps to stabilize it, at least not yet.

coheed196 said:

I personally don't know. BigCedar is the one who actually "discovered" this cross. To the best of my knowledge he didn't take any steps to stabilize it, at least not yet.
So these are at least F2?

Still don't know how you do it. I was in the garden a bit ago and was craving a pod for some bizzar reason.. I had to stop and remind my self how bad it'll suck if i did! Cookings one thing but to sack up and go for it is insane!

Your the man dude!

uh-oh...I got a MFRB of pods from Coheed on their way. In the mix is the UBSC, Madballz 7, Douglah X SR,Butch T X Yellow, ah hell....just a box of punishment. Glad my dehydrator should arrive today.

Well done Nigel. Looking fwd to your future reviews.

Jobu said:
uh-oh...I got a MFRB of pods from Coheed on their way. In the mix is the UBSC, Madballz 7, Douglah X SR,Butch T X Yellow, ah hell....just a box of punishment. Glad my dehydrator should arrive today.

Well done Nigel. Looking fwd to your future reviews.
All I can say is Good Luck. Those are some painful, nasty pods you got coming. Vincent grows `em hot!

Back