• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

7-pot Primo Beer

Never reviewed beer before. Usually it doesn`t stand around long enough for me to talk about it!!!

Anyway, The Belching Beaver Brewery in Vista, California, took some 7-pot Primos and flavoured their DAM double IPA with them, plus some orange peel. I have not been paid or plied with free beer to give this review, unfortunately.      :drunk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtXromIOJC4&feature=youtu.be

That sounds awesome! :drooling:  Wish a brewery down here would do something similar. We have a brewery about 20 minutes away, might have to send an email with some suggestions.  :party:

MeatHead1313 said:
That sounds awesome! :drooling:  Wish a brewery down here would do something similar. We have a brewery about 20 minutes away, might have to send an email with some suggestions.  :party:
Just show up with some peppers. I went over there and chatted with one of the owners about which ones would go best with beer and Brian Holmes sent me the primos, as they were my favourites and it was right when ghostperestore.com and Bakerspeppers.com were having their Primos tested. 

I think there are 12 breweries within 5-6 miles of my house. Oh what a hardship. 

I took over a few varieties as well as the primos and they put up a chopping board for their customers to try slivers of different ones. 

Well, it had to happen, I guess.  Goodbye to the "Reinheitsgebot"!  I hope you get a half dozen free pints for that one, Nigel. :party: Did the DAM have any warmth from the 8.8% alcohol, or was that subtlety destroyed by the Primo? :confused: 

Roguejim said:
Well, it had to happen, I guess.  Goodbye to the "Reinheitsgebot"!  I hope you get a half dozen free pints for that one, Nigel. :party: Did the DAM have any warmth from the 8.8% alcohol, or was that subtlety destroyed by the Primo? :confused:
Reinheitsgebot be damned. Bloody Germans and their purity laws. Ask the Belgians, they know beer.

The Dam does have a touch of warmth from the 8.8%, but it is such a big bruising beer you don`t really notice. A big bruising beer that handled the Orange and Primo like a champion. I know you won`t believe me, but it was an excellent end product. 

Hmmm.
Got a Mr. Beer I haven't tried yet. (Oh, I have done much larger, so no learning curve on brewing)
Found it at a thrift store for $5 never used.

I like my beer heavy and dark.
Choco Habs and a bit of orange peel or bergamot?
Dried peppers, of course. Fresh ones may be a bit fruity in flavor methinks.

Ya had me drooling on the first one, and surely dribbling after the second.

Nigel said:
Just show up with some peppers. I went over there and chatted with one of the owners about which ones would go best with beer and Brian Holmes sent me the primos, as they were my favourites and it was right when ghostperestore.com and Bakerspeppers.com were having their Primos tested. 

I think there are 12 breweries within 5-6 miles of my house. Oh what a hardship. 

I took over a few varieties as well as the primos and they put up a chopping board for their customers to try slivers of different ones. 
Sounds like a good idea. Wish I lived closer to the Abita brewery. Tried their pecan harvest 2 weeks ago and think it would go great with a chocolate pod. 

NOT AN  IPA FAN SO IM THE OPOSITE OF YOU NIGEL I LOVE MALT!!
a stout would appeal to me more
THIS WAS DIFFEReNT AND AS ALWAYS GREAT REVIEW!!

thanks your friend Joe

Back