• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

simple bhut fettucine

10fx1xf.jpg
  got this recipe from an italian friend of mine. hes been in this world 86 years, when he starts shooting recipes at me i normally pay real close attention. its normally something delicious. this one is simple and real tasty. 
1lb fettucine cooked aldente
strain the pasta and let it sit , meanwhile take a whole head of garlic and slice into pieces(in my opinion the more garlic the better as it is the main ingredient in this dish), toss in a big pan to cook with some olive oil. let the garlic brown. not burn. but close. turn the heat off, toss the pasta in with the olive oil and garlic and your done. plate, grate fresh parmesan cheese. no salt needed. toss the bhut or what ever pepper you have over it, put your thong on backwards and let your hair down. have funn. hahaha. just joking about the last part, unless thats what youre into.

Of course, here in Italy it's very famous. I'd say nearly a national dish.  ;) After al it's very cheap, simple to do and tastes good. The drawback will be your breath, but nothing is perfect!  :D

To tell the truth i don't know true recipe (it's a south italian recipe and i'm from north), but the important thing is that you like it. Normally we use annuum because they are our standard peppers (besides, pepper konwledge is a niche thing, and chinense are too strong fo many people), but i have no doubt that habaeros or superhots, as bhut used here, would be better!
Usually it's done with spaghetti, fettuccine should be equally good.
I don't know if there is a region that can claim fatherhood. Wikipedia.it says Campania, wikipedia.en says Abruzzo other sites says other regions claim too, it's an old recipe.
Usually you fry chopped pepper along garlic (wich can be chopped too). You can put parsley at the end. Grated cheese if you want.
The mather of a friend of mine, wich is form Naples (wich is Campania capital), also puts 1 o 2 teaspoons of wheat while frying garlic and peppers (near the end of frying process). 
I prefer to bathe chopped garlic and chopped pepper in extravirgin olive oil and not cook them, but it's me.

Pasta is awesome with hot peppers. My main dish is simply to cook pasta (spaghetti) then toss in extravirgin olive oil and chopped fresh pepper (habanero or superhot), fast, simple and satisfying!  :D

Essegi said:
Of course, here in Italy it's very famous. I'd say nearly a national dish.  ;) After al it's very cheap, simple to do and tastes good. The drawback will be your breath, but nothing is perfect!  :D

To tell the truth i don't know true recipe (it's a south italian recipe and i'm from north), but the important thing is that you like it. Normally we use annuum because they are our standard peppers (besides, pepper konwledge is a niche thing, and chinense are too strong fo many people), but i have no doubt that habaeros or superhots, as bhut used here, would be better!
Usually it's done with spaghetti, fettuccine should be equally good.
I don't know if there is a region that can claim fatherhood. Wikipedia.it says Campania, wikipedia.en says Abruzzo other sites says other regions claim too, it's an old recipe.
Usually you fry chopped pepper along garlic (wich can be chopped too). You can put parsley at the end. Grated cheese if you want.
The mather of a friend of mine, wich is form Naples (wich is Campania capital), also puts 1 o 2 teaspoons of wheat while frying garlic and peppers (near the end of frying process). 
I prefer to bathe chopped garlic and chopped pepper in extravirgin olive oil and not cook them, but it's me.

Pasta is awesome with hot peppers. My main dish is simply to cook pasta (spaghetti) then toss in extravirgin olive oil and chopped fresh pepper (habanero or superhot), fast, simple and satisfying!  :D
yea, thats what my friend told me , that its an old dish. but almost everything he pulls out of his sleeve is old. love hanging out with him. if i didnt work so much id be over his house all the time. he's from ischia. i like the way you cook it to. sounds good. will have to try it like that. ive also done this same dish and added prawns. taste good

had lunch with my friend antonio again today. he came out with this. delicious. had a nice vinegar garlic taste. thought you might appreciate this one essegi. 
23tp5dc.jpg

our044.jpg

maanmaan said:
had lunch with my friend antonio again today. he came out with this. delicious. had a nice vinegar garlic taste. thought you might appreciate this one essegi. 
23tp5dc.jpg

our044.jpg
doesnt look like much, but it was delicious. my friend said he barbq's any smaller fish with rubbed with a little salt and olive oil. once there done he debones them. then he tosses them in a pan with olive oil, chopped garlic, and red wine vinegar. cook for about 20 minutes . and have at it.

Back