• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3rrorist's indoor grow

Hello everyone,

This past year was my first year gardening and I didn't want to stop just because my season is over. Initially I was just going to move two banana pepper plants indoors, but a friend's mom gave me some various other plants. I'm not sure what all of them are and need help with identification.

My setup so far:
Emergency mylar blankets
iPower 400w light system
Light timer
14" plant pot saucers
Temp/humidity monitor

I bought the light I'm using initially for just two plants, but since I have several more than that now, I guess I will need more light. Any suggestions for my lighting situation are welcome. I would like these plants to grow and fruit under the lights, so whatever I would need to get to accomplish that.

I plan on making this area enclosed in the next couple of weeks. I might make this into it's own little room. I need to insulate the area because right now the average temperature is 64 degrees. 

Indoor grow setup
48" x 68" table

Inside the "tent"
10 plants total, half at seedling stage, half 1 - 2 ft.

Banana Pepper #1
This was much bigger, but I trimmed it back a lot.

Banana Pepper #2
I attempted to cut this back like some people do on here to over-winter their plants, but I think I went a little too far.

Jalapeno
I'm excited for this one to produce a lot.

Unknown #1
It looks like their dog took a few bites out of this one. It's possible that this plant is ghost, jalapeno, or habanero. I need help identifying.

Unknown #2
This plant is either ghost or habanero. I need help identifying.

Unknown #3
This plant is either ghost or habanero. I need help identifying.

I will be walling off this area to create an actual grow room. The outside perimeter of the room is going to be 6' x 9'. I'm going to tap into the duct to have a vent for the room, so it will stay heated! And it will have a cold air return for air circulation. I think I will buy another 400w ipower (or maybe the 600w) for the room to have a second light, but I'm going to look around at lights before I decide.

I'm going with ghost in the last pic. Those wavy edges on the leaves are pretty distinctive and I've only seen them on nagas.

Jeff H said:
I'm going with ghost in the last pic. Those wavy edges on the leaves are pretty distinctive and I've only seen them on nagas.
What Ive seen with the Ghost peppers leaves are that they (or the plants Ive seen)
dont have the broad wide leaves like the the one pictured. They have a more norrow leaf appearance

* The drywall is up, I just need to add some more screws.
* Insulation is partially up, but I can't locate my slap stapler.
* Reflective film for walls has arrived, but I won't put that up until I finish the insulation.
* I'm getting sheet metal to have a reflective tabletop surface.
* I need to add a fan blowing air into the room from the basement. I haven't been able to find a good one. It will be mounted between 2x4s, so it needs to be 16 inches or less
* I've planted 50 pepper seeds. I hope they don't all germinate.. I didn't know how far to keep them away from the light.
   * 5x Jamaican Hot Chocolate
   * 5x Romy6 7 Pod Jonah
   * 5x 7 Pot Yellow Large
   * 5x Trinidad Scorpion Moruga
   * 5x 7 Pot Brainstrain Yellow
   * 5x Naga Morich
   * 5x Bishop Crown
   * 5x Mystery Seeds

(all seeds provided by megahot!)

Not much progress has been made on the room since I posted pictures last. I've been too busy with school and work. I purchased 2 more lights for different stages of growing that I haven't put up yet. 

I ordered this light for newly sprouted seeds:
Goodearth GLS9721-GROW-WHI 21-Inch Plant Grow Light

and this light for when the seedlings get a few sets of leaves on them:
T5 EnviroGro 2Ft 2 Tube Fixture w/Bulbs-FLT22

I've had a few seeds sprout up:
2 bishop crown
1 carolina reaper

There are many more that I can tell have broken out of the seed, but haven't made their way up yet. 

I'll post more pictures once I have the other lights set up and more progress has been made on the room. 

Updated grow room pics

Unknown plants (when they were given to me the person had mixed up their seeds and they didn't know if it was hab or bhut jolokia) under 600w hps

New sprouted seeds under 15w

Jalapeno and banana pepper under 400w

Unknown plants, they are possibly jalapeno as they were at the base of the jalapeno plant I was given

Close up of newly sprouted seeds

Closeup of seedlings that are possibly jalapeno

Closeup of unknown plant #1 (hab or bhut?)

Closeup of unknown plant #2 (hab or bhut?)

Looking good.

What is the total wattage in that room? over 1000 for sure. I bet that is bright. :D

I'd place a bet that if the choices are hab or bhut, the last pic is the bhut. Bhut's have that characteristic wavy edges to the leaves that a hab doesn't have.

@ 1kw I don't think the cold will be a problem, probably the reverse.
But as you say you are venting it, good planning.

Everything is going great with the grow room.

I have a gnat problem on one plant, I put this sticky tape stuff out and that probably killed 50 or so. I haven't solved the problem, but it doesn't look like there is an infestation anymore.

I have 4 plants that I expect to produce peppers over the winter: 1x sweet banana, 1x jalapeno, 2x unknown (either hab or bhut).

I planted 50 seeds on Nov 1 and I have had great success with germination. I planted 5 seeds each of 10 varieties. The only variety that hasn't had any seeds germinate is the bhut jolokia. 3 of the seeds were from megahot and 2 were from a friends mom. 

Glad to hear things are going well for you.
Thats really weird that the Bhut didnt pop!
I really like germinating with rapid rooters!

Back