• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Just Ordered From Bakers….

Hey guys I just placed my FIRST ORDER of super hots the other day i got bakers variety pack and i was wondering if anyone had anything to say about them. I have just been eating habaneros thus far and want to kick up the heat. Im a little nervous so I'm also looking for other great peppers that may not be quite as hot as the super hots but hotter than habaneros. If anyone has suggestions i'd appreciate it! thanks.
I will update this after i get the bakers peppers to post my thoughts.

I got my first superhots from bakers, the mix pack. Came with about 8 chocolate scorpions and the rest brain strains. They were very tasty, very hot. You will enjoy them. Try a tiny sliver to get a feel for the flavor and heat. Then use whatever you're comfortable with in your cooking. It's like habaneros but hotter. Have fun :)

Chewi said:
Cool! You are the second person from Springtown I've seen in the past week! Howdy neighbor!
Yeah Im actually caveman's son so we are kinda reviewing each pepper together. We had those Peppers you sent today it was nice to have something with a kick besides habaneros for a change. They were pretty good and much appreciated! 

Big D said:
I got my first superhots from bakers, the mix pack. Came with about 8 chocolate scorpions and the rest brain strains. They were very tasty, very hot. You will enjoy them. Try a tiny sliver to get a feel for the flavor and heat. Then use whatever you're comfortable with in your cooking. It's like habaneros but hotter. Have fun :)
Yeah ill probably have to try slivers at first, and I'm glad to hear good things about them but i do hope to have a little more variety than two peppers but ill be excited with whatever they send I'm sure. I'm just ready/scared to start eating superhots!

Hey man anytime! I'm just sorry I didn't have anything hotter to send. Two weeks earlier and I would have had some for you guys! Can't wait till Baker's package gets there. Those will be insane. You will have to keep us posted. I usually eat a quarter of one of those at lunch so each super hot lasts four days for me! So +1 on starting with slivers!! Enjoy#

I went to central market after work today and got some bhut Jolokias and I'm about to try my first one i am a bit nervous but very excited. Im still waiting on the bakers peppers i ordered them a week ago! Needless to say I am a bit antsy…. But i am going to be still very happy if what you got is what i get Gotrox. Good things are worth waiting for!

Big D said:
How'd you get reapers? The site says he's sold out.
Not sure if you're asking me or not but i ordered the sampler box for 20.00 It says it has a possibility of a few nuclear hots in there, i may not get any reapers but i can hope. Oh and i watched your video you posted of the chocolate seven pots you posted….Props man, respect. haha 

Tim Vader said:
Looks like nothing shipped this week, so another 7 days before I get my box in :(
It bothered me that I placed my order on a Tuesday, and it got shipped the next Monday, not arriving until 3 days after that. Could've got it in less than a week if it had been shipped within a couple days!

When looking to sample hot chiles, have something starchy in your tummy, have milk/dairy or peanut butter on hand and DEFINITELY do slivers to start with!  First of all, you can taste a bit of the chile before getting overwhelmed with the heat....and 2nd, there's less chance of getting overwhelmed with the heat.  There's enough people chowing down on a whole superhot on video and all the viewers get is "it's HOT.  It's HOT ...IT's REALLY HOT!!!!"   (well, Duh...that's why it's called a Superhot!  :lol:)   

Anyway, Have Fun and ENJOY your chiles! 

salsalady said:
When looking to sample hot chiles, have something starchy in your tummy, have milk/dairy or peanut butter on hand and DEFINITELY do slivers to start with!  First of all, you can taste a bit of the chile before getting overwhelmed with the heat....and 2nd, there's less chance of getting overwhelmed with the heat.  There's enough people chowing down on a whole superhot on video and all the viewers get is "it's HOT.  It's HOT ...IT's REALLY HOT!!!!"   (well, Duh...that's why it's called a Superhot!  :lol:)   

Anyway, Have Fun and ENJOY your chiles! 
+1 to this. Foods high in oil help too from my limited experience. I had pecan shrimp before I ate my first bhut (basically shrimp, pecan oil and crushed pecans), and had no stomach problems after eating or the morning after. Didn't have a good feed before my 2nd super (Trinidad scorpion) and paid the price the next morning. 
+1 on the video part too. My wife recorded a little bit of me eating the bhut, and Salsalady's description is pretty much all I said until my wife turned off the video to get me milk once it got real bad lol. 
As for your original question about peppers between habanero heat and superhots, the fatalii's I've tried this year have fallen somewhere in between the 2. Much hotter than habs, but still not superhot levels. 

Tim Vader said:
Looks like nothing shipped this week, so another 7 days before I get my box in :(
thats a bummer.  I placed my order last thursday and havent gotten any notices or anything and been wondering where it is.  Wish I knew before I ordered that it would be delayed before I ordered.  I would have waited.

Yep... same here.  I've been just about attacking the mail person when they come by.  I'm ready for some hurt!  :)

I received notification that my boxes have shipped from paypal, but still nothing from bakers after multiple attempts to contact them. Very poor customer service, will let you know how everything looks when I get it though.

Tim Vader said:
I received notification that my boxes have shipped from paypal, but still nothing from bakers after multiple attempts to contact them. Very poor customer service, will let you know how everything looks when I get it though.
If you get it is the question.  What customer service????????

I don't get this policy "ships the following Monday". When I order from Pepper Lover, she ships the next day and I get my order in three days or less, and I live on the left coast, all the way across the country.

Back