• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Help identifying spots on a Serrano plant's leaves

Please help... I've noticed this on some of the lower leaves of my serrano plants... I'm growing indoors in a tent and I also have scotch bonnets in the same the same tent and i don't seem to notice it on their leaves... just the serrano.

thanks in advance!

issue.01.jpg

Looks like edema to me as well. Reduce your watering schedule and increase airflow around the plants if indoors. Also know that the current damage will not heal itself because the cells are damaged. But keep an eye on the new growth as that will give you the best evidence that changes you make have corrected the situation.

thanks for the replies... i'll try to hold off another day between waterings.  I have a 6" fan inside the tent, but it's not oscillating, it's just pointed into the middle of the stems... i have a temp/humidity monitor in the tent and it stays around 80-83 with a humidity of 30-40%... is this ok?

thanks for the replies... i'll try to hold off another day between waterings.  I have a 6" fan inside the tent, but it's not oscillating, it's just pointed into the middle of the stems... i have a temp/humidity monitor in the tent and it stays around 80-83 with a humidity of 30-40%... is this ok?

That should be fine. I grow in a closet with a 6" fan (non oscillating) ill probably change that soon. My temps are around the same and humidity was around 45 or so, I stuck a cup of water in there and since then humidity has gone up to around 53.

mikeinsc said:
Looks like edema to me as well. Reduce your watering schedule and increase airflow around the plants if indoors. Also know that the current damage will not heal itself because the cells are damaged. But keep an eye on the new growth as that will give you the best evidence that changes you make have corrected the situation.

Should I remove the damaged leaves now? will they hurt the plant?

No need to remove them. It's a physical problem only.

What happens is that the plants take in more water than it can get rid of so the cells swell and sometimes burst. If corrected, it won't hurt the plant but it does look unsightly.

Back