• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

jwalk2515 2014 grow log

Seeds started on Feb 1st:
Peppers
Jalapenos mild
Ghosts
Carolina Reaper
7 Pot
Butch T
Red Moruga
Early Jalapenos
Naga Morich
Trinidad Scorpion
Orange Scotch Bonnets
Giant Ghost
Yolo Wonder Sweet
Keystone
Sapporo
Poblano
Mulato Isleno
Bell
Jalapenos plated on 2/5  - sprouted 2/11

Others
Cherry toms - seeds from 2013 prod
Giant Syrian toms
Marglobe
Beefsteak
Sungold cherry - sprouted 2/11
new girl  - sprouted 2/11
brandywine - sprouted 2/11
romas - sprouted 2/11

Seeds started on Feb 7th
Peppers
Thunderbolt sweet

Cuke - Diva  - sprouted 2/11
Cuke - Marketmore  - sprouted 2/11

Toms:
Moskivich
Babyboomer
Mortgage lifter
cheeries jubiliee  - sprouted 2/11
mountain magic
super sweet 100
summer girl
super tasty
steakhouse
gardeners delight
4th of july

Seeds plated on 2/10
Carolina reaper
Trinidad Scorpion
7 pot

:welcome:

Great list and variety of peppers you got going, lots of tomatoes too! Little early on the cukes? when do you plant out? Good luck on your grow and glog this year...keep us updated and post pictures along the way, we like pictures

Any details on your current setup??

beerbreath81 said:
:welcome:

Great list and variety of peppers you got going, lots of tomatoes too! Little early on the cukes? when do you plant out? Good luck on your grow and glog this year...keep us updated and post pictures along the way, we like pictures

Any details on your current setup??

yep it appears way early on the cukes, they sprouted in 5 days.  I'll do another round to ensure I have some in good condition.   some premature germination on my part from the looks of it.   On a good year, we will last frost around 3/15-ish.  I am raised beds so get heat going pretty quick after.     Pics above are my seed station.  Lights are adjustable, one chain link at a time if needed.  Bottom light is missing one chain, so stuck at highest level for a couple more days.  Seeds on plates (on top of light) is 3 super hots and1 jalapenos.  I planted 12 more jalapenos today off the paper plate, sprouted in just a couple days too.  This year I will probably have a ton of walmart bags too as I have quite a few more things i want to put down.   

Next big project is possible shade structure to beat the worst of the summer heat

spysee said:
Nice handmade stand/rack you got there.
Thanks, ultimate in diy I guess.  Its actually a hand me down.  My dad built it for my step mom and they gave it to me when they moved into a retirement village last year.  It was a bag of misc pieces and an old newspaper article with a picture of it. I messed with it for about an hour to get it right.  It would easily support another layer or two.

Red Moruga and Trinidad Scorpion sprouted today for super hots (after some reading, I am confused on if they are possibly the same thing)
Yolo Wonder and Keystone sprouted today for milds
Jalapenos sprouted in pots and like crazy on paper plate, so about 20 of them in total and nope I have no idea what to do with them all if they really grow
I dropped some yellow and red Hab's in dirt today too.

Cukes and tomatoes are all growing from the looks of it.

I think I see some helmet heads popping in the other super hots but not ready to declare victory yet

Ordered some Reapers from Ocho today.  All the threads about some other vendors gave me enough doubt to multi source.

Set up a little jump start rig with T5 to cover the flat with jalapenos

ran into an issue this week; you are all enablers....   Working a simple seed swap with DurhamBull and I received a wide variety that just have to be planted; wonderful person to do business with.  I also ordered reaper seeds from Ocho who promptly delivered so now I have to germ some more.

Since finding THP, I now need a bigger yard.

finally, no sign of freezing weather, taking the plants out every evening for some fresh air.  Another week of good temps and raised beds will be ready to go.

10 of the smart pot big bag beds (4ft across), assorted pots and I have 50 fabric pots split between 7 and 10 gallons
peppers
tomatoes
blackberries
blueberries
rasberries
strawberries (overwintered)
cucumbers
herbs
onions
flowers for pollinators

the late freeze last week did a number on the entire garden.  everything dropped leaves/ entire branches or wilted and shriveled up.  I thought about half of it was getting ripped out but surprisingly enough most of it is making a good comeback with new growth daily.   Still working on hardening off quite a bit but biggest issue will still be more plants than space.

A big shout out to Ocho,  I planted 12 reaper seeds and 11 have sprouted perfectly and one died with his helmet on (and probably with very wet feet) so 100% pop rate.  I have a good start on some infinity seeds too but I got them much later than others so still small.

and ripe strawberries were eaten today with possibly hundreds more still green

Looks like you've got a great start on the year, too bad about the frost but hopefully every recovers :)

Those giant planters look awesome.

Nothing like some home grown strawbs, I can't wait to get out hiking when the wilds start coming up.

good growth on most.   some of the tomatoes are still stunted but all growing.    Still have tons of peppers under lights due to lack of dirt/space

terrible.  I have killed 3 of them, 2 grew way to fast indoors and got spindly and one had some transplant shock followed by the frost.     one still hanging on and looks like it will make it.   only half my pictures posted, will put the others up when we get home vacation.

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

Back