• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

growing heirloom tomatoes

starting seeds soon.  what 's  the best  way to stake the tomatoes?  found   something called " Florida Weave", I  thought I might try.   any thoughts.  trying to plan the garden

grow list

yellow pear 
Juane Flamma
Annas Noire
Martina's roma
Tomatillo

+1 .. i used hog wire.. it has 6 inch squares that are perfect for plant support. I also cut out the horizontal supports on the bottom row to allow me to embedd the cage in the ground.

barbabyras said:
 starting seeds soon.  what 's  the best  way to stake the tomatoes?  found   something called " Florida Weave", I  thought I might try.   any thoughts.  trying to plan the garden

I have used all of the methods listed above. Since I have between 60 and 100 tomato plants on any given year I go with the Florida weave. I drive a metal fence post every 4th plant and then weave around the plants . I get a huge roll of twine from the local farm supply store and it lasts a long time. If you are only doing a few plants this is not for you.

Weave is the way to go. It takes up very little space, it's durable, easy to harvest and prune plants, easy to grow super tall vines. 

Back