• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

filmost 2014 - Year of the Pepper Podding Up!

--- In case just stumbled on to this, my 2015 glog is here ---

Hey all, figured it was time I started my glog. I will be managing it off site since I plan to translate the content later in hopes of connecting with the locals here in Japan. I will post short blurbs here with links back to my site; feel free to comment here or on the individual posts. Since updates will be in the comments of this thread, I will also post a link to the specific comment entry here as well. And on we go!

Blog Posts:

2014 The Year of the Pepper

Keep Calm and Grow On (3/6/2014) - (forum post here)

How do you harden your plants? (3/13/2014) - (forum post here)

2014 Glog Update #4 (3/23/2014) - (forum post here)

2014 Glog Update #5 (4/30/2014) - (forum post here)

2014 Glog Update #6 (5/27/2014) - (forum post here)

This is my second year with a garden. Never in my mind (or any one close to me) did I imagine I would get so into it. Last year I got started late and most of my plants never got anywhere. The only ones that took off were an unknown annuum my parents gave me, jalapenos, and a bell pepper. Even still,  I didn't really get any pods until fall.

This year I started my seeds in January with the majority of them fully sprouted by about the 3rd week. I followed up later with additional plantings after I received new seeds. Among the more interesting of my grow list this year (and the ones I am most interested in) are Rocoto de Seda from Semillas.de, Giant Mexican Rocoto from PepperLover, and some unknowns from Gotrox; if interested hit the link for the full list.

I'll end this here with the latest pic I have of my windowing facing grow space where the overwinters spend their time and the seedlings get to go when the weather is nice and sunny. Cheers!

VvmLGuu.jpg

filmost said:
lol, thats what i was going to use for size comparison before choosing the pen instead lol.
oh my god, I didnt notice the blue usb or the blank discs. All its missing is the camera memory card lol.

Lol yeah there are all sorts of critters. The aphids I found this year on our cherry blssom tree. They are funky, they'd curl an edge of the leaves over and nest inside. I thought they were caterpillars at first and freaked out because there were so many.

Luckily the ones in other plants just hung out in the stem.

Heya fil, I was going to muddle up that other post when I finally found your glog :)

oV5Mbjr.jpg

The mater leaf, is it blackening, curling, spreading to other leaves? If yes, proceed to question below. If no, disregard and burn after reading.

Do you know what the deuce it is? If so, proceed to question below. If no, well then damnit, either do I :P

What?

Ended up getting control but treated roots and foliage together, so I've little idea what caused it.

I could have also just made a string of assumptions from a pic :) Looks super similar though so I went ahead with this nonsense post.

Runescape said:
Hopefully it sets, man

Yep, I hope so too! The weather here is just perfect for pod setting right now, consistently between 65-86F (20-30C).

Shurbryn said:

Damn! Sweet as dude! Good luck with it. Plant looks nice and healthy, so hopefully it forms a pod. :D

Thanks Shurb, yeah I am looking forward to it!
miguelovic said:
Heya fil, I was going to muddle up that other post when I finally found your glog :)

oV5Mbjr.jpg

The mater leaf, is it blackening, curling, spreading to other leaves? If yes, proceed to question below. If no, disregard and burn after reading.

Do you know what the deuce it is? If so, proceed to question below. If no, well then damnit, either do I :P

What?

Ended up getting control but treated roots and foliage together, so I've little idea what caused it.

I could have also just made a string of assumptions from a pic :) Looks super similar though so I went ahead with this nonsense post.

LOL you're talking crazy.

That mater by the way is just a recovering sucker. ;-D

Aww damn, thought I was finally on to something. The origins of the Mysterious Rotting Foliage Disease will never be solved, especially now that Shaggys death has pulled the ooomph out of the Scooby Doo crew.

miguelovic said:
now that Shaggys death has pulled the ooomph out of the Scooby Doo crew.
Holy shit... quick goggle search... "Casey Kasem, Shaggy on ‘Scooby-Doo,’ Voice of ‘American Top 40,’ Dies at 82"

Quick update since the weather has been keeping me out the garden. Snapped these this morning right before I left for work.

The "superbush" has started budding, FINALLY.

0HFIB42.jpg

Another unknown also budding.

RkfkKPR.jpg

Rocoto de Seda has been flowering, but not seeing fruit yet.

X5jcsDX.jpg

Tons of flowers on Rocoto Ecuadorian Red (PI355812)

CmSgWP0.jpg

Judy's Giant Mexican Rocoto has also been flowering a lot, but sadly no fruit :-(

8gF7PBo.jpg

Back