• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

filmost 2014 - Year of the Pepper Podding Up!

--- In case just stumbled on to this, my 2015 glog is here ---

Hey all, figured it was time I started my glog. I will be managing it off site since I plan to translate the content later in hopes of connecting with the locals here in Japan. I will post short blurbs here with links back to my site; feel free to comment here or on the individual posts. Since updates will be in the comments of this thread, I will also post a link to the specific comment entry here as well. And on we go!

Blog Posts:

2014 The Year of the Pepper

Keep Calm and Grow On (3/6/2014) - (forum post here)

How do you harden your plants? (3/13/2014) - (forum post here)

2014 Glog Update #4 (3/23/2014) - (forum post here)

2014 Glog Update #5 (4/30/2014) - (forum post here)

2014 Glog Update #6 (5/27/2014) - (forum post here)

This is my second year with a garden. Never in my mind (or any one close to me) did I imagine I would get so into it. Last year I got started late and most of my plants never got anywhere. The only ones that took off were an unknown annuum my parents gave me, jalapenos, and a bell pepper. Even still,  I didn't really get any pods until fall.

This year I started my seeds in January with the majority of them fully sprouted by about the 3rd week. I followed up later with additional plantings after I received new seeds. Among the more interesting of my grow list this year (and the ones I am most interested in) are Rocoto de Seda from Semillas.de, Giant Mexican Rocoto from PepperLover, and some unknowns from Gotrox; if interested hit the link for the full list.

I'll end this here with the latest pic I have of my windowing facing grow space where the overwinters spend their time and the seedlings get to go when the weather is nice and sunny. Cheers!

VvmLGuu.jpg

grantmichaels said:
Was checking out your grow ... very nice!

But the reason I am posting, is, that oddly enough we have similar handwriting (print in all caps) ...

Interesting.

You lost me man! lol. Did I post a pic of my handwriting?

filmost said:

You lost me man! lol. Did I post a pic of my handwriting?

LOL, I know the feeling you have ... and I hate it ... like when you post something on the net and someone see's an image of you in some chrome or glass and comments and it feels invasive ... sorry, for that ...

I clicked the link in the bottom of your sig, and a couple of posts down are stickies and soil label sticks =)

Ohhhhh haha I see I see. Yeah man I have horrible hand writing. LOL. It's all good, I was just scrolling through here trying to figure out where in this thread you could have seen my hand writing haha.

That link is for my 2015 grow. ;-)

Funny, there was a guy that worked at the same company as me but different states, my name being Micheal Davis his was Chris Furgosen. We had IDENTICAL chicken scratch signatures.  And when I say chicken scratch I mean

I actually handed back some documents in a training session because I thought I had already signed them. 

Back