• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

CaJohns... Highly Recommended

my personal favorite is Cajohns, they have sauces of all sorts, bbqs, salsas of course, but even things like " firedusted" peanut butter and apple sauces. they boast one of the hottest non extracted sauces in the world, the Lethal Ingestion.
Other favorites include The Fatali Fire, Jolokia and the downright frightening Black Mamba.

I'm a big fan of CaJohns. Viper has been a mainstay in my arsenal for the past 10 years. Recently, I've been trying the non-extract sauces, and I'm sorry to report I've been disappointed by the level of heat. The flavor can't be beat, but ...

I made a roast beef sandwich yesterday and used like 1/8 the bottle of Lethal Ingestion. The heat amounted to about what would have been like 2-3 drops of Viper, and I paid $25 for the bottle! Frankly, I didn't notice that it was ANY hotter than 10 (Jolokia). I'm a BIG fan of CaJohns products, but I don't think the Lethal Ingestion is worth the price tag. Also, the taste is so similar to the 10, I think I'd have a hard time telling them apart. The Fatalii flavor is very strong with both.

The Fatalii Fire is one of my favorites (along with Jolokia), but I rip through the bottle in a few meals... I think I'm going to stick to the Fire, Jolokia and Viper. No more LI for me. And I have a bottle of Talon I haven't cracked open yet...

just got a bottle of the fatali puree... good heat, unbeatable flavor. its 80% pepper, compare to about 20-30% of other sauces. CaJohns is like my candy store.

I just bought a bottle of Fatali too. Wonderful. I like almost all of the sauces from Cajohn I have had (including Lethal Ingestion, but I did think the price was ridiculous).

The problem I have with CaJohn is you go broke from buying all the sauces you love, and there are over 170 products. People here look for the hot stuff to sweat with, but some of his best are mild sauces like his new taco sauce, Oaxacan and his chipotle hot sauces have such awesome flavors. His whole 10 line will make you sweat from the jolokias in them, but the flavors are incredibly good. His new Italian salsa is so good, you have to buy some on every visit.

If you go to the Weekend of Fire on Aug 2-3 at Jungle Jim's, then you have to take the trip to Columbus to CaJohn's open house on Aug 4th. You will get a tour of his factory and get to see how the magic gets in his bottles and jars.

I have talked to both John & Sue on many occasions, and toured the factory. Always friendly& informative conversation. John showed me a great way to make my own pepper mash & gave me a couple dried Bhuts so I could have seed stock. There is something for just about everybody in his product line, just keep in mind he makes things with flaver in mind, not heat for heats sake.

Back