Hello from northern Colorado

Greetings from Fort Collins Colorado.

I'm a long time lurker on this site, but I finally registered the other day since i want to start posting pics of this year's grow.    I have been so very impressed by the ingenuity and generosity of the THP community.    THP has become my favorite site on the web...well maybe second to wolframalpha .

I've been gardening since I was in high school, starting with cannabis, then tomatoes, and then just, everything.

I discovered super hots when the Naga Jolokia became available from NMSU's seedbank back in...2006?    Ever since, I have focused mainly on tomatoes with a few habs and sweet peppers here and there.   This year I will focus entirely on peppers (and the obligatory garlic and basil).

Northern Colorado is a very challenging climate for the production of most vegetables.   The night temps usually don't exceed 50F until late june/early july.  Day time temps can reach 110F in august, RH stays around 10-20% , plus it gets quite windy.    

I've had such unpredictable harvests in the past that I finally broke down and built a 8.6ft tall geodesic dome greenhouse out of 3/4" EMT.    Hopefully 240ft^2 will be enough to accommodate my peppers.

Here's my list:

30x  Red Bhut Jolokia
5x    Red Savina
1x    Douglah  (the only one out of 20 seeds that actually germinated and didn't die immediately:  thanks joe)
1x    Red Hab (overwintered and currently rootbound in a 7 gallon pot...that sucker's gonna be huge)

At the end of the season, I plan to turn most of it into hot sauce.    I made a lactofermented batch last year called "Habanasco" that my friends really loved, so i though i'd give it a go with ghosties this time around.

Anyways.    Great site, and thank you all for everything you've taught me.

-Matt

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Looks like you have a nice list of peppers going there!

welcome_zps56d47d4a.gif
from California

Back