• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

recomendations for stuffed peppers

I like the bigger jalepenos, but I've seen pics of habeneros used. Check the food area. There is a whole thread of popper recipes/talk.

Like to add powder or chopped hotter peppers to the mix I stuff with.

Stuffed habanero's and Scotch bonnets are great! I also tried a stuffed TS Cardi last year that was amazing as well. Jalapeno's and Black Hungarian's are also some great peppers for stuffing. 

Buzzman19 said:
I forgot to add Hot Cherry peppers with my reccomendation of Rocoto.  Many good choices listed from all members! 
Hot cherries are awsome for stuffing. Since they have so many seeds, I think removing them and stuffing is the way to go.

Nigel said:
Manzanos, Rocotos and Locotos. Nothing else matters..........

They do come to mind rather quickly just based on my experience with them in their fresh state as I have yet to use them in any culinary fashion.
Jalapenos are just hands down a favorite in almost any imaginable method of consumption or preparation there of. Penos rock!
But, I intend to have many different types of pods to expand this topic later this year.

Poblano.  Green - full sized but not ripening.  Scoop seeds out and fill them with a mix of crumbled feta cheese, finely diced paste tomato (seeds removed), flat-leafed parsley, finely chopped anchovies capers and olives.  Put more cheese on top and grill until skin blisters.  I am seriously drooling now.

Back