• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Finished filling all my pots

wow that's a lot how many seeds/plants are you putting in each pot? and also with the plastic containers did you put holes in the bottom of them or just fill it with dirt?

Jem936 said:
wow that's a lot how many seeds/plants are you putting in each pot?
One plant in each of the pots. The larger pots are for tomatoes and other plants, the fabric pots and the five gallon buckets are for peppers.

and also with the plastic containers did you put holes in the bottom of them or just fill it with dirt?
Yes I drilled ten 1/2" holes evenly spaced around the perimeter of the base at the edges.

Nice, Have you used the 5 gal buckets in the past and how did they work out and also, how were they for dissipating heat? The only problems I have had with container grows is the dark colored containers build and retain lots of heat. and of course SQUIRRELS!!!

6StringFire said:
Looks good - subscribed.

What's the plan?
The plan is to let it cycle for at least 30 days and then plant some peppers in them.
All they will need the entire season is water. Couldn't be any easier. :cool:

HP22BH said:
Nice, Have you used the 5 gal buckets in the past and how did they work out and also, how were they for dissipating heat? The only problems I have had with container grows is the dark colored containers build and retain lots of heat. and of course SQUIRRELS!!!
Yes I have grown peppers and canna in these buckets. They do good but larger is always better. ;)
It doesn't get really hot here so the heat dissipation I am not sure about but being silver should reflect a lot more heat than the black nursery pots I have used in the past.

P.M.D. would this soil mix be good for a raised bed? If so, I'm thinking of trying it in afew months for my second grow season -  assuming I can get all the ingredients in Perth, Australia  (we can be limited compared to what's freely available in the US).

Also if you would recommend for raised bed, can you post the link to the soil mix or if it's your own blend, would you mind posting it?

Lastly, do you have a glog I can follow? 

Proud Marine Dad said:
Espoma tomato tone, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, neem cake, crab meal, Gaia green glacial rock dust, homemade compost, worm castings and peat moss.

That's damn close to my mix.  Espoma ftw.  How long do you let it set after mixing it up?

EDIT:  Just caught your other thread - questions answered.  Gonna be following along.  Thanks!  

Back