• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Polish Bell and medium heat pepper, and soroya zucchini

a friend sent me all those seeds from Poland.
it started sprouting today, hope that I will be able to harvest mature pepper before frost.

278_tm.jpg
277_tm.jpg
611_tm.jpg

http://www.pnos.pl/?d=of&c=nas_warz&g=84

Variety: Etiuda
sweet, orange Attractive medium early variety. Plants reach a height of about 2', require supports and remove side shoots to the first branch.  Fruits are large (130-190 g), a rectangular shape with a slightly corrugated surface. Flesh thickness of 5-7 mm, extremely juicy and tasty.  vegetation: 110-120 days 

Variety: Telimena
sweet, dark yellow wonderful variety with dark yellow (originally dark green), large (110-140g), thick-walled fruit shape trapez and juicy, tasty flesh. Medium early. Plants with lush growth, require cutting and supports. vegetation: 110-120 days.

Variety: Kasia
early early variety (from planting seedlings to harvest 63-70 days). Fruit yellow gloss, a "block", weighing around 220 g pulp medium thick, sweet, juicy. They require the support can be carried out without cutting or two shoots. They are susceptible to iron deficiency. Recommended intensive fertilization. Recommended for direct consumption or processing. 

275_tm.jpg
274_tm.jpg
282_tm.jpg

Variety: Olenka
sweet, red, tomato cultivar type of spherical, strongly flattened and strongly ribbed fruits, reaching a mass of about 90g. Flesh thickness of about 7 mm, juicy, firm, sweet, very tasty, contains an exceptional amount of vitamin C. The fruit they turn from dark green to dark red. An early variety. Plant growth medium strength,  vegetation: 110-120 days 

Variety: trapez
sweet, red early variety, with large (approximately 115 g) of dark red fruit shape of a prism and very thick, juicy, tasty flesh thickness of 8-10 mm. Has a good bonding fruit at low temperature and at low light intensity. Variety is very fertile  vegetation: 110 days 

Variety: Rokita
semi-hot, rough early variety. Plants height of about 50 cm do not require support. The fruit is very long (12-18 cm), red, weighing 25-45 g, slightly spicy flavor, very tasty. (preserving whole, added to salads) and for direct consumption.  110 days 

273_tm.jpg
269_tm.jpg
279_tm.jpg

Variety: Ożarowska
sweet, red One of the best Polish varieties. It is characterized by approximately 8 mm thick and juicy flesh, very balanced and high yield fruit, and a very high content of vitamin C.  Plants medium-high, with a compact habit and lush growth, require cutting and tying. The fruit is large about 120 g, the type of block (7-8 pieces in 1 kg), red color with a slightly wavy surface, very tasty. Distinguished health quality and good bonding fruit in low light and low temperature. vegetation: 110-120 days 

Variety: Robertina
sweet, red One of the best varieties for growing in the field and in unheated tunnels. Very early. Plants low, dense with rigid, arching - does not require staking; tolerates adverse environmental conditions. Fruit shape of a prism, a "block", slightly ribbed, weighing 120-140g, red with a high gloss. Flesh is dark thick (6-7mm), juicy. Characterized by a very highly concentrated fruit ripening, high fertility and fidelity yielding. Especially recommended processing and direct consumption. vegetation: 110 days 

Variety: Nokturn
sweet, purplish-red Very interesting variation due to the color of the fruit. Medium early. Plants grow to a height of about 80 cm, require staking removing side shoots and the first branch need not be cut. Fruit dark purple, passing in dark cherry, triangular shape with a pointed tip, weighing 50-90 g The plant give about 15 fruits. vegetation: 110-120 days

484fdc70b5e817187c36651dc7a86fab.jpg
f02bd6facde8c0208d93c12c08f1926f.jpg

pepper GLORIA 

Medium early variety of the fruits "block" type, large and heavy (4-6 pcs in 1 kg), smooth, shiny green fruit color progressing to intensive red. Flesh thick, juicy recommended jacking and removing shoots to the first branching. Fruits keep well, suitable for direct consumption or processing. Plant growth medium strength, low bushy, with thick stems and short internodes

pepper OLIWIA 

early variety (requires supports) falling within the fruiting, mid-high plants with bushy habit. Removing shoots advisable to first branching. Cream color to dark yellow, thin and delicate skin the flesh is juicy, sweet and very tasty. Well suited for direct consumption or processing. Long and evenly production very fertile, 15-20 fruit from one plant

81_tm.jpg

Variety: Soraya 

Variety of very shapely fruit color dark green (on young fruit appear brighter spots). The flesh is white, juicy, crispy, very tasty. Very good bonding fruit at even lower temperatures. Fruit yield small (12-15cm) Vegetation: 65-70 days 

Looking good Pierre! I'm growing some Hungarian varieties that look a lot like yours. The Olenka variety looks a lot like what the Hungarians call a "Tomato Pepper" because it looks so much like a lobed slicing tomato. It's very sweet, crunchy and thick-fleshed, and should ripen before the Bell peppers. The plants have a very compact growing habit though, and to maximize the number of pods that get to fully ripen before the end of their short season, the Hungarians pinch off any flowers at the first fork on the plant. I did that with the ones I grew last year, and it seemed to work as advertised. Good luck with your season!

stickman said:
Looking good Pierre! I'm growing some Hungarian varieties that look a lot like yours. The Olenka variety looks a lot like what the Hungarians call a "Tomato Pepper" because it looks so much like a lobed slicing tomato. It's very sweet, crunchy and thick-fleshed, and should ripen before the Bell peppers. The plants have a very compact growing habit though, and to maximize the number of pods that get to fully ripen before the end of their short season, the Hungarians pinch off any flowers at the first fork on the plant. I did that with the ones I grew last year, and it seemed to work as advertised. Good luck with your season!
I will try this on half of my plant this year.
thanks for the info

Back