• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Advanced LED XML350 : Anyone using it for peppers?

Well i'm fairly new to this hobby but been bitten pretty hard  ;)

Started off my 2014 grow in my sunroom and the plants have been growing ok but i'm kinda worried out the pod production as this i believe requires direct raw light rather than indirect which i'm losing as the sun arcs to solstice.

Anyhow i'm gonna see how the first few pods mature over the next month and make a decision then.

I've done a few searches and read all the LED v HID\HPS debate threads but would still like to try the cutting edge technology.

This leads me to the XML350 which seems to be best suited to peppers rather than the California Sun's, G8's, Lumigrow's.

Not interested in piece mealing the stuff just wan t to buy a premium product that will last me years to come.

So...anyone running any of the Advanced LED's?

marko5370_logo_wmtile_v2__01205.1348091407.1280.1280.jpg

And before anyone says put them outside i'm PHX AZ and it's 95* out already  :fireball:

I'm guessing that's a no.

Oh well...just waiting to get my flower setting stabilized then i might jump in on this for the greater good.

Canna (ICMag, Grasscity) websites are about your best bet, I was going to link but not everyone is interested.

There were a lot of complaints about the manufacturer refusing to properly answer questions or deal with obvious issues, namely the dimmer bleeding power when the unit is shut off. But I did just browse through quickly, so maybe I got a skewed impression.

Thanks...I'll do a search on Advanced before I drop the cash.

Decided to start off small and not jump in the deep end by ordering a G8 90W Bloom UFO to see if if helps the lack of light intensity my flowers and pods are getting.

Don't really need a veg light as they all are growing fine its just the flower drop and unripe pods I need to fix.

Are your nutrients at a good level? Potassium, and Phosphorous levels good to go? Have you tried some Cal Mag as well? Sometimes plants just need a bit more or less of some nutrient which may be causing your flower drop, not the lack of direct light?

What type of fertilizer or nutes do you use?

As for the LED, it looks like many of the other LED's floating around right now, and I was not too sure of LED lights before I talked to a member on her who was using them to start his plants with great success! He was using some models from Ebay that were about $150 and 300 Watts. This one it seems is 350 Watts so it should be great for another source of light. 

You could also buy some shade cloth for your plants to put them outside, even if it's 95* using the shade cloth may help with the temps so they can handle it better!

Well with only 3 hours of sun coming in the windows now i decided to get my feet a little wet in the LED world with a couple of the G8 240 veg'ers.

This is turning into an expensive hobby but i really want the pods to ripen plus it's fun to come home and pamper the girls.

Progress reports to follow in my glog.

~Mike

Back