• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf Burn?

Hey Guys

I'm new here and thought I would say hello. I've been growing chillies for the last 5 years each summer, I'm slowly getting better but each year halfway through the grow you think of something you could do better next year! Anyway..

I've had my plants under lights (150w MH) for almost a month now and every thing had been growing really well, until the last days. I have noticed a lot of white patches on the leaves;
IMG_0857.jpg

It hasn't happened to every plant just some. The light is a good distance from the plants too.
I haven't changed food, they get chilli focus once a week. The only thing I've done different was to put them outside while it was sunny so I could clean the grow tent.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

compmodder26 said:
Sunburn.  It can happen very quickly if you put them in direct sunlight straight out of the grow tent.  Got to gradually introduce it to them if you want the leaves to not burn.
Thanks so much for the reply, I was starting to think I had bugs! Gradual introduction it is then.
Does that apply in the conservatory too?

Back