• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Xtreme Gardening

I originally heard about Xtreme when beerbreath81 posted about a great FREE sample package you could get from them for only the price of postage.

The original thread he started is here: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/43497-free-if-you-pay-shipping/#entry911294

I know several other growers have ordered the Sample Package and I just received mine. I didn't think to grab a pic of it, I will tonight but heres a pic from their website:

9AACD6BC-3DE8-4905-89E3-048F40AE5FC1_zpsyy0aeen5.jpg

The kit includes:

2ea 100gm Mykos Bars
2ea Xtreme Tea Brews
1 Sample size Azos
1 Sample Size CalCarb
1 Sample size Mykos WP (wetable Powder for use on existing plants)

If you go to: http://www.xtreme-gardening.com/news/xtreme-sample-care-package there's videos on how to use the products. 

I'm going to use this thread to record my results using these products. From what I've read around the interwebs it sounds like these are really good products that have given people great results so we'll see. I'd like to invite anyone else using any of the Xtreme product line to add their comments too.

Good growing y'all!
RM
Oh yeah, you'll get a really great bumper sticker too ;)

I wish we could get free samples here in Canada like you do in the US. There's a lot of products that I'd like to try, but there's no way I'm going to lay out the cash for them. Too many gimmicks and common place products that are being sold for big $ with an arms length list of "benefits". Botannicare's Fulvex formally named Huvega comes to mind which is nothing more than dissolved epsom salts sold for $15-20 a liter.

It really pays to do your homework with hydroponics products. That said, I'd still take the free samples :)

Neil

Totally understand Blister. spending $16 for shipping wasn't a bad deal to get to test the products. if they prove to live up to what I've read in reviews on other threads and such then it won't bother me to buy some of the products. if it's just gimmicks as PMD says then I'm only out $16.00 and now I know the truth.

Mine did too now that I think about it jojo, I couldn't find anything about it on the website though. Don't know if it's a seasonal thing, not being made or a new product though. 

Proud Marine Dad said:
To me 90% of the products in hydro shops is nothing but snake oil and people are too naive to question them. Thats why they make so much money.

I did a bit of checking on the internet on growing forums and found a fairly good bit of people liking them and having success with them. What I'm thinking about is puting 2 plants side by side and using it on one but not the other and just seeing the difference side by side. Should be fairly obvious which one is better.

I had never heard of Xtreme Gardening either unitl I came to THP. There does seem to be mixed reviews on some of these products but either way it cant hurt. I noticed durring my lurking phase the supporters of the mycorrhizal inoculant and I wanted to give it a try.

Doing my own research I came across this freebie and thought this would be a good opprotunity for me to try the product as well as some others. Which also led me to decide to plant my OW in a 20 Gallon Smart pots and use the once and done. I will use the tea brew too. The others in the sample im not sure of right now but i will post results here

Proud Marine Dad said:
Rocketman, are you growing in soil or DWC?

Soil, I just prefer Organic growing to Chemical. Started learning all about it last year and started making Compost Tea's and seeing how my plants sprang to life after getting a good root drench followed by some folier feeding. I also did some research into using used coffee grounds and again have had some really good results from it.

Having a son who is Austic I'm finding out that the more I remove him from chemicals, sugars, caffeine etc... the better he does. 

RocketMan said:

Soil, I just prefer Organic growing to Chemical. Started learning all about it last year and started making Compost Tea's and seeing how my plants sprang to life after getting a good root drench followed by some folier feeding. I also did some research into using used coffee grounds and again have had some really good results from it.

Having a son who is Austic I'm finding out that the more I remove him from chemicals, sugars, caffeine etc... the better he does. 
You need to mix a living soil then and forget about all the overpriced things out there. A water only soil is as easy as it gets. :)

Blister said:
I wish we could get free samples here in Canada like you do in the US. There's a lot of products that I'd like to try, but there's no way I'm going to lay out the cash for them. Too many gimmicks and common place products that are being sold for big $ with an arms length list of "benefits". Botannicare's Fulvex formally named Huvega comes to mind which is nothing more than dissolved epsom salts sold for $15-20 a liter.

It really pays to do your homework with hydroponics products. That said, I'd still take the free samples :)

Neil

You can hit up H&G Canada for a box of freebies if they're still sending them out.

Grow shop gimmicks? For the most part. Prepacked tea brews and carbs are pretty shiesty, mycorrhizae and azospirillum, though greatly overpriced in flashy packaging and highly unviable from shady companies, don't really fall into this realm.

He's very high functioning but he's still on the spectrum. He and his sister were our foster kids and we adopted him and his sister in 2012. He tested positive for what used to be known as Asburgers. The really hard part is they both have PTSD from all the C@&$ their mom put them through and she has issues of her own. The good part is they're making great gains in healing. Especially since the adoption. So, we try everything we can think of the help them continue to heal. End of July we're going to TCU in Ft Worth for training in a new method of working with them.

RocketMan said:
Has anyone ordered Earthworms? Where is a good place to order from? I want to get some to release in my garden.
A while back I was looking to buy some red wigglers for the aquaponics and came across this that looked like a good way to get ALOT of worms. I dont have any experiance using them but may be worth checking out.

VERMIPOD---
http://www.gardenworms.com/blog/worm-composting/compost-101-vermipod/
http://unclejimswormfarm.com/index.php/50-Vermipods-Free-Shipping/flypage.tpl.html

I bought my worms from Bentley and highly recommend him at redwormcomposting.com
I don't trust Uncle Jims as he has a lot of negative reviews.
RocketMan said:
Has anyone ordered Earthworms? Where is a good place to order from? I want to get some to release in my garden.
Be careful because if your garden is not full of food for red wigglers they will die. They only inhabit the top 12" of the soil and are normally shallow.

Personally I think the price is waay to high for what you are getting. Not talking about the "free sampler" that cost 16 dollars to ship either. I got the sampler and the calcarb does work but so do a million other calcium supplements. I didn't notice one bit of a difference with their mycos and azos. I think most of there products are snake oil and overpriced. The best ferts out there that I have had great success with is EarthJuice and Happy frog.

Back