• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

happy birthday Randkev07 and Super Hots Canada

Thanks everyone! (and Happy Birthday Randkev07!)

Over the years I've come to care about only one thing when it comes to my birthday - an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. The first time I ever got one was somewhere around my 15th or 16th birthday and that took a massive amount of persistence on my part to convince my mother. After that year I was told that I was somehow "too old" for birthday cakes. So since that point I've always had to buy my own cake - because I refuse to settle for just some plain ol' cake.

There has only been ONE year since that point where I didn't have to buy my own and deal with the awkward reactions from the ones working the counter when they find out it's being bought on my birthday, by myself - for myself. That year was 2009. And that year not only did my girlfriend-of-that-time buy me a generic ice cream cake from a local Sobeys, but back home an ex (who was in the hospital at the time) also got me one - as a surprise - from Dairy Queen.

BUT despite that, this year has topped that. Yes, I still bought my own ice cream cake from Dairy Queen (and I even somewhat broke tradition by buying it two days early), BUT this time I actually wasn't alone while I bought it - my girlfriend was with me and for once I didn't have to deal with the awkwardness of explaining the circumstances of having to buy my own cake on my own birthday. Yup, she's a keeper. :D

Oh, and we also split on eating the very first Brown Naglah pod I've grown, a couple nights ago. That hurt like hell. lol

Back