• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pimenta Leopard...Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp...Photos?

Does anyone have a photo of either of these two plants when they are fully grown?  What's their average height, grown outdoors?

I do not have a picture for you, but I had a Jay's Peach last year that was about three feet tall and three feet across.

I would say it produced over 100 pods.

Two braches broke from the weight of the pods before I ended up tying twine around the plant to keep it together.

I have never tried a Peach Ghost. The Red Ghost is the best tasting pepper I have tried to date. Any extra seeds available?

No idea on the leopard, but my Jay's peach were very bhut like in growth. Not as big as the Trinidads. Alkhall's three by three was accurate for me also.

Not outdoors or a scorp but here is my 140 day old peach bhut...which I'm trimming to 48" dia canopy.

IMG_20140417_062916_137_1.jpg

The peach ghost is a cross between ghost + trinidad - both are larger than most pepper varieties and can get to 6ft in one season, I would assume the peach ghost could get big as well. This is my first year growing the peach ghost so I can't say for sure yet. Mine are 2.5 months old and over 2ft tall already. 

My peach in ground last year were about 4' tall. They were pretty wide also prob 3'-4'wide. Some of that may have been from when they were young our weather was wacky last year and I couldn't get them outside until about a month later than usual. Some of the lower leaves dropped due to crowding and not a lot of light getting to their lower leaves. Then once in ground they took off and the nodes where the leaves dropped shot out limbs. Fairly productive plants. I don't think mine did 100 pods each but they kept them coming for awhile.

I've grown last year the pimenta leopard. It's not stable, there are variations from plant to plant. Being a bhut / PDN cross it has a bhut growing habit (at least mine had). If I can find some pictures I'll post them.

Back