• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Yellowing Tomato Leaves

Ok, all my tomato leaves are yellow. Like pale yellow, no green vains or brown spots, just yellow. I think the soil I have them in is crap. Any suggestions?

I did give them...sigh...Mirical Grow out of desperation (it's all my mom had) about two weeks ago and no improvement.

Are they inside or out? Could it be overwatering. Maybe your soil holds too much water and is crap. Good luck

POTAWIE said:
Ya saw that too. Not too much of a help from that site.

POTAWIE said:
Are they inside or out? Could it be overwatering. Maybe your soil holds too much water and is crap. Good luck
Inside at night outside during the day. Under lights and they are aclimated to direct sunlight and wind. The soil could be holding too much water. Like I said, it's crappy soil. I think the soil was Garden Safe organic potting soil.

mrmulcher said:
or better yet take a photo
I knew that was going to be asked. :rolleyes:
tomatobd1.jpg

i would say put them in the sun SLOWLY and i believe they will green right up only water when the soil is getting pretty dry and fertilize about ever three weeks , if they have been in the sun already they could be getting rootbound but i doubt that is the reason... use some fish elmulsion on them and add some seaweed for all your micronutrient i bet they will take right off

my peppers were all yellow a few weeks ago as well I pored a little epsom salt on top of the soil like a Tablespoon per plant as well as giving them a mist of epsom salt and water and they greened up really nice in just a couple of days.

my tomatoes did the same thing...was crappy potting soil..after adding some Start-N-Grow fertilizer....within a week they look like nothing ever happened to them. From what I learned was that it was a nigrogen deficiency.

Mine just turned yellow over the past few days. Right after I transplanted them into the ground. It's gotta be from crappy soil.
(Read: Stupid Ohio Clay!) I think I overshot my parents original garden with the "decent" soil.
So, depending on how much rain we get overnight, I'm going to give them fertilizer and Superthrive tomorrow.

Organic potting soil doesn't have any added nutrients to it, does it?

Ok, I checked on them. They seem to be greening up a little bit. I'll check on them again tomarrow and see if there really is a noticable difference.

Back