• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Pests? Disease? Plant Dying?

My habenero has started to lose its leaves, grow black spots on the leaves, turn yellow, the leaves are curling up. I've seen spider mites on it, and larvae of something. I found what I believe to be aphids (little greenish or brown lice looking things) on a cilantro plant that is closeby, but they are not touching. I took it outside, I do not wish for them to spread if they have not already.  I have had fungus gnats, and I'm trying to get rid of them.

Two basil plants seemed to have similar problems. One of the basil plants also has small brown dots. I tried to be proactive and cut off all the leaves that were showing symptoms, but it's still back. I thought it might be spider mites, and I saw on a website that you can use "pepper spray" to kill them (made out of habs) but I don't think it did anything.

My hab still has peppers on it like you can see, but I'm worried about it losing all it's leaves and dying.

My setup is two ~4k lumen lightbulbs with roughly >1/2 of that going to the hab.

20140527_224508.jpg

20140527_224454.jpg

20140527_224441.jpg

20140527_224436.jpg

I saw the hot sauce spray on another website, but it was also on the pests facts. All of the symptoms just seem so familiar.

I found aphids on it. It's all but dead right now. I'm going to try the soapy water treatment tomorrow. 

Back