Greets everyone from Toronto!

Hey all! Happy to be here and looking forward to learning from the masters! Been dry curing meats, making cheese, baking bread with starters, and fermenting saurkraut and kimchi for some time now so obviously fermented hot sauce needed to be added to the list. I love working with live cultures and creating something real that tastes like it should not like how the supermarkets have made it taste. There is nothing that beats good ingredients and patience ... time makes everything better.

Got some chocolate habs, cayenne, jalapeno, and sweet pimenton peppers (to smoke and dry for homemade paprika) growing now but there is still a long while to go before I can harvest anything. Want to start a tabasco style sauce (have fermentation lids and 1 gallon wide mouth jars as well as a 3 liter medium oak charred barrel) but I need to find a source for fresh tabasco peppers first which is difficult in Toronto. Hopefully this place will be able to help with that ;)

Also plan on doing a hot sauce with chocolate habs and some blackberries from my garden. Still new so I will have to read up here to glean all of your secrets or at least a few of them)! Great to be here!

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Back