•  

Photo

Turbo's Slog (Hot Sauce Log with a silent H)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 SmokenFire

SmokenFire

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 4,617 posts
  • aka:the ralphster
  • (x9)

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:02 PM

As a first foray it's pert damn good Turbo!  Try avery 5154 (I think?) 6 on a page labels - they can be printed at any office supply store on their laser printers and the results look pretty good.  

It felt like satan pissed in my mouth it was so hot and lasted a long time. It was a horrible experience eating one of them. - SavinaRed
I would love to travel to your castle to roam the land,eat pie and hunt woman. - sicman

#102 tctenten

tctenten

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:10 PM

Pretty cool labels. I like your graphic!

I just printed my first labels on some waterproof labels that the Boss recommended. I like the way they turned out.

#103 RocketMan

RocketMan

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,433 posts
  • aka:RM
  • (x2)

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:54 AM

I was smoking some cayennes for one of my favorite sauces yesterday and our 40 year old Little Chief Smoker finally died. 

Say hello to my new Big Chief Smoker.  Here is to another good 40 years of smoking stuff!

IMG_3433.jpg

Man, we had one of those Little Chief that we did everything from smoked mullet to homemade jerky in and it never missed a beat. Hard to beat them.

Love the new graphic! 

Answering The Call For Fire!  If you can't stand the Heat, don't tickle the Dragon!

#104 turbo

turbo

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • aka:Turbo

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:45 AM

As a first foray it's pert damn good Turbo!  Try avery 5154 (I think?) 6 on a page labels - they can be printed at any office supply store on their laser printers and the results look pretty good.  

Thanks Smoken!  I'm going into a print shop today to use one of their color laser printers.  I'm pretty sure it'll come out way cleaner

Pretty cool labels. I like your graphic!

I just printed my first labels on some waterproof labels that the Boss recommended. I like the way they turned out.

Thanks tctenten!  A friend of mine is a pretty good artist and has a fun warped mind when it comes to what she draws.

Man, we had one of those Little Chief that we did everything from smoked mullet to homemade jerky in and it never missed a beat. Hard to beat them.

Love the new graphic! 

Thanks RocketMan!  The Little/Big Chief line of smokers are really awesome and so simple.  Love it!

#105 turbo

turbo

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

Second design.  I like this one better.  Dante stands out against the black background way better.  Also got the label printed at Kinko's on a fancy color laser printer and it came out WAY cleaner.

dante.jpg

#106 tctenten

tctenten

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

Very nice. I agree about the darker background.

#107 turbo

turbo

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

Yea yea, not a sauce I know.  But I was pretty proud of this one tonight.  Did a flank steak with a pineapple Jamaican Jerk teriyaki marinade...and it was AWESOME!!!

Ok for the marinade:

• 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup Japanese Mirin (you can get this in any Asian grocery store)
  • 1/2 cup Japanese Sake
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 12 oz of pineapple juice
  • a couple of spoonfulls of your favorite Jamaican Jerk paste
  • 1 (or more) tablespoons of fresh grated ginger

Marinade the flank steak for however long you want.  I did for 8 hours...seemed perfect to me.  

Holy crap this is good.  Its got the normal teriyaki goodness, combined with the nice heat and flavor of Jerk paste, and the pineapple juice just binds it all together like the One Ring in Middle Earth.

+2 points extra if you eat it as tacos with chopped up kimchi

IMG_3855.jpg

Edited by turbo, 24 January 2016 - 09:35 PM.

#108 SmokenFire

SmokenFire

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 4,617 posts
  • aka:the ralphster
  • (x9)

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:38 PM

Looks great Turbo.  I love me some flank steak long time! 

It felt like satan pissed in my mouth it was so hot and lasted a long time. It was a horrible experience eating one of them. - SavinaRed
I would love to travel to your castle to roam the land,eat pie and hunt woman. - sicman

#109 OCD Chilehead

OCD Chilehead

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
  • aka:Chuck
  • Location:COLORADO (Western Slope) closer to Moab than Denver

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:44 PM

Dang turbo. That looks great. Thanks for the recipe. Got me thinking.
OCD 2017 GLOG http://thehotpepper....63305-ocd-2017/

"There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path."

#110 turbo

turbo

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:32 PM

I've been kicking around the idea for a white hot sauce for a couple years now.  Two years ago I tried growing white Fatalii but they ended up really yellow.  This last summer I grew 7-Pot White and they were pretty white, with a slight bit of yellow, so I decided to make a sauce.

Ingredients  

• 20'ish 7-Pot Whites
  • 8 garlic cloves
  • 1 apple 
  • 1/3% white wine vinegar
  • 2/3% cane vinegar
  • sugar and salt to taste

IMG_5828.jpg

IMG_5957.jpg

I like the look of the end result.  Not totally white, but close.  It really looks like vanilla pudding :)  Oh yea...it tastes good too

IMG_5964.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests