Wild Tepin X 7-pot Barrackpore review.

A wonderfully, brilliantly eccentric cross from Spicegeist. I love this kind of thing!!! These were grown and sent to me by Vegas_Chili in Las Vegas. 5 pods and not a single seed in them, so I hope seeds will show up in pods later in the year.

Amazingly (to me, at least), these had the flavor of the 7-pot, with a definite addition of an annuum-like flavour. I really wasn`t sure what to expect, but I did not expect anything this good. There wasn`t any sweetness in the flavors, but certainly some fruitiness, possibly cherry-like with a slight after taste of ginger. There is also a nuttiness to the flavor, which is really nice.

The heat hit right away and was very annuum-like heat, being spiky and prickly and black-peppery. They were also quite hot, certainly hotter than the Tepin. The annuum-like heat then faded and became very 7-pot like, going to the back of my throat and burning quite hard. 

Really interesting cross that surprised me in both heat and flavor. Great stuff!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfzX5lHr0JM&feature=youtu.be

Dang I miss your reviews. I guess as the season progresses we will see more and more as long as your gut cooperates. Great review Nigel, your still the best. 

PepperLover said:
nice review Nigel as always what is the count on ur reviews so far?
this year lets got for 200 total   :)

that sounds cool to cross wilds with domesticated capsicums  
It`s around the 125 mark, I think Judy. I have roughly 140 varieties growing that I have not reviewed before, so I`m looking to do 200 reviews this season!

Back