• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I need 5 gallon buckets...

My brother was bringing me used joint compound buckets from the construction site he was on, but he's been moved to another site, and I still need a dozen buckets.

I'm looking online, but what I'm finding is like 5-6 dollars each. I can't afford that.

I've heard people say they've found containters for 1-2 bucks each. Where can I get those?

I get any amount of the 250 they through out at my next door sports bar.

try places that have a deep fryer .
they also give them away at sub shops frpm the mushooms

shayneyasinski said:
I get any amount of the 250 they through out at my next door sports bar.

try places that have a deep fryer .
they also give them away at sub shops frpm the mushooms

And the pickles. Don't forget the pickles!

any sandwich shop that uses mayo i think, my sister worked a summer at tim hortons and something about the massive bucket of mayo put her off the stuff for about a year afterwards...

A lot of garden centers have old ones they will part with very cheaply - I paid 20ยข each for 60 of them.

Mike

I am looking myself. My brother in law works for a landscaper and he has tons of them he gets from planting trees/plants at customer sites.

Hey, were you at Julios on Sunday? It was a good time.

I found all of mine through a Heath Food store. They were selling them for someone else and all of the buckets were used sour cream buckets and I got them at $1.25 a piece. So I would go around to all of the restaurants and either check behind them or just ask.

However, the greatest number of buckets I got were free from a neighbor friend who is a painter. He gave me close to 25 empty 5 gallon latex paint buckets. Free is sometimes my favorite word...These free buckets worked out great, they just required some extra labor cleaning them.

yep brainstorm as to what you can use for containers or where to get them. you might find cheaper containers to use, but for prices under $1 or free ya cant beat that! :lol:
$5-$6 for 5 gallon pails seems too high when you can get them cheaper at menards or elsewhere.

some people use plastic bags, they look like nothing more than heavy duty contractor garbage bags (of course alot smaller) so this may be a option as long as you dont move them around alot & get the trusty duct tape out to form to correct size :lol:

Check with farmers, most replant or add to groves and borders every year. I could have gotten you about 150-200 12 inch nursery pots for nothing, and I mean nothing.

If you do not have friends who work on fast food nation...try dumpster diving in fast food restaurants....it is always good to recycle.

Burger King gets their pickles in 5 gallon containers and throws them away, check with a manager and see if any are around or if they'd hold you some.

I got lucky and knew a gal who owns a catering company.They also go through massive amounts of containers of all sizes.Just got to catch them before a job.

Back