• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Ultra sauce making machine!!!! Vitamix

Ok, so this isn't a recipe. No I don't work for vitamix. However I would just like to express my sheer love for the machine. Many people seem to have issues with texture an consistancy of their sauces, many chock it up to ingredients and technique. I was one of those people. Was is the key word her.

I understand, buying a $300-700 blender would be grounds for divorce with many couples but hear me out. I GUARANTEE that I vitamix will change your sauce making life. Other blenders don't cut it, food processors are great, for salsa. I'm not making blanket statements here. I have worked in kitchens, I spend alot of money on kitchen technology and nothing has been more instrumental in my success in making all sorts of things (but for our intensive purposes ill stock with sauces) than my vitamix 750 pro( the most expensive model (aka not necessary).

You can achieve similar results using a food mill but you are essentially removing pulp in the process, and i have used a regular blender and a food mill and have had great results. Nothing can touch a vitamix. It's a big investment, no doubt about it but it can do soooooo many things. It makes penut butter. It make chocolate penutbutter, as of this morning it makes Mexican chocolate ancho penut butter(ungodly good). Best of all it makes the smoothest, velvety hot sauces. I'm not going to go into what else it can make as you can do that for yourself.

Anywho, if you have some extra cash and want to kick it up a not( especially if you do alot of sauce making) buy one. It's worth it and it carries a 7 year warranty. I bought mine at William Sonoma because they have a lifetime warranty on the featured products they sell, but you can get them cheaper on qvc or Costco.

Possibly the best purchase I've ever made. PM me if you have any questions about other things I use it for

I'm sorry if this topic has already been covered or is in the wrong place so MOD'S feel free to move it to wherever it belongs.
Oh yea what sparked this little rant was the batch of brain strain and defcon7 sauce I made yesterday. Fantasticcccccccccccc. Unfortunately I'm an idiot and didn't tak pictures of the process but I will be making two batches next week of a smoked applewood sauce with chocolate and brown morugas and roasted apples, as well as a Caribbean style mango sauce with yellow brain strains. I will post the processes for your enjoyment.

Wow! Must be good! Unfortunately I have no clue how to make a good sauce, yet im really good at cooking and grillin/smoking which makes no sense to me. Its a whole realm of its own. Take some pics next time!

Don't be afraid brotato. It's really easy, the sanitization process I a PITA but if you get a good recipe and follow it and check your ph you can have some awsome shelf stable sauces

Which VItamix are you rocking? The 5200? Cook's Illustrated has been singing its praises for years. Having worked with it, I have to agree.

What process are you using to sanitize? I just use StarSan. Fast, easy, and cheap.

I boil everything lol and I make sure nothing that I'm using in the process touches any surfaces that haven't been sanatized with a bleach solution. I have the 750 ( top of the line model,it has the shorter wider container that will fit under cabinets, and has some preset options). The presets are nice because you can walk away from it while doing other duties and not wory about turning your sorbet into fruit juice(the blades create alot of friction heat, you can actually make soup which is fantastic!!!) the presets are a luxury, the lower end options will do the same thing, you just have to be paying attention.

Yeah, do yourself a favor and check out the StarSan. You can get a bottle of concentrate for ~12 bucks at any homebrewing supply. After you wash your jars, you mix this stuff with water and just swish it around or wipe it down, then put it upside-down on a paper towel to dry. Saves a lot of time and labor.

Back