• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Dark spots on underside of leaves....

I have a similar problem, except the brown spots are on the top of the leaves.  I have a pic but I am having such a tough time uploading it.  I read a thread on how to upload/post pics but still not doing what I want.

pwb said:
To much water and sunburn?
I'm starting to realize about overwatering, so I'm waiting till the leaves start to droop from too little water.  I've killed plants in small pots before from neglecting them and didn't want that to be the problem this year.  Sunburn is definitely is possibility because I have them in full sun with no shade for most of the day.  Also, thought this was best for the plants but I will move them under my covered patio.

Ocho Cinco said:
It looks like bacterial leaf spot to me. Google it. Pluck of any affected leaves and spray with diluted hydrogen peroxide. Here is a link on how to mix the peroxide. http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com/gardening-with-hydrogen-peroxide.html
Thanks for the link, Ocho Cinco.  I actually searched the forum for peroxide because I read this link in another post but couldn't find it again.  I was happy to see that you posted it here.  I watered one or two plants with the diluted peroxide today and will spray this one's leaves with the solution tonight after sunset.

Looks nothing like bacterial leaf spot, if anything it looks more fungal, but this is assuming it's not insect or nutrient related.
Smob said:
Still trying to upload this image.

Let's try...
This also looks like fungal, probably from splashes.

scotchnaga85 said:
Looks nothing like bacterial leaf spot, if anything it looks more fungal, but this is assuming it's not insect or nutrient related.

This also looks like fungal, probably from splashes.
Sorry, Islander, I don't mean to hijack your post but I figured talking about my issues here was better than starting a new thread.  With that being said, Scotchnaga, thanks for the info, I hadn't even considered a fungal infection.  I was thinking bacteria because I have this problem on so many of my plants.  Here are a couple more examples:

I can't seem to zoom in to get a better look at the pictures.
It could be some kind of bacterial leaf spot, it could also be early blight, grey leaf
spot, or even septoria leaf spot. This is a all assuming it's not fertiliser, or pest related.

Back