• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Transplanted into my above garden box

I took 13 of my walmart bag peppers into my new above garden container. Here is the pic, I have 13 plants in there. 3 habs, 1 moruga, 1 reaper, 1 devils tongue, 1 ghost, 3 jalapeno, 3 serrano. 

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 31
Nice work man....can't wait to raise out garden and add irrigation next year...makes a garden look so clean and awesome like yours does...

That looks great!  Your plants will love the space and heat the raised bed gives them.  That looks to be about 4' x 8' x 24" tall, right?  That is a LOT of soil and work to fill it up.  I did a 3' x 8' x 18" bed earlier this spring, and I was exhausted after mixing my soil up and filling in the bed.  But it was totally worth it.  My plants in the raised bed are doing so much better than the ones in my pots.

One word of caution, did you install a support cross beam or rod in the middle of the bed?  Long raised beds then to bow outwards in the middle after they have some time to settle because of the pressure, and can sometimes crack the boards.

turbo said:
That looks great!  Your plants will love the space and heat the raised bed gives them.  That looks to be about 4' x 8' x 24" tall, right?  That is a LOT of soil and work to fill it up.  I did a 3' x 8' x 18" bed earlier this spring, and I was exhausted after mixing my soil up and filling in the bed.  But it was totally worth it.  My plants in the raised bed are doing so much better than the ones in my pots.

One word of caution, did you install a support cross beam or rod in the middle of the bed?  Long raised beds then to bow outwards in the middle after they have some time to settle because of the pressure, and can sometimes crack the boards.
its actually 3 feet deep and there are crossbeams below.

Looks great, this is my last season in Wally bags...the plants have in there are a joke compared to plants in the ground. Same soil and feeding...a JOKE I say :) 

Your plants will love their new home. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Looks great, this is my last season in Wally bags...the plants have in there are a joke compared to plants in the ground. Same soil and feeding...a JOKE I say :)

Your plants will love their new home. 
agree the plants were healthy looking but runts, now its time for them to GROW UP   :)

Back