• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Reapers

hello fellow chili heads, anyone out there that has reapers experience differences in the pods ? i have some that are big and longer no tail and others more stout with tails . whats the average size of reaper pods ? thanks for your input . M.G.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 46
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 42
I don't grow the reaper but I have received a box of them and all were pretty small. They all looked like the pic on the left but not the pic on the right. Are both of those pics from the same plant?

yes thats the odd thing about it , got pods stout and long tails and some that are bigger and thicker tails . but a couple of plants where they are all like the one on the left .

I've got 4 reaper plants right now, and there is definitely some pod variations. Yours look right up to par. I have some that look perfect, some small, smoke large, some with long tails, etc all coming from the same plants. I don't think that the strain is as stable as we were led to believe. Your plants look about as good as I have seen. In fact, I've yet to see a reaper plant that grows 100% consistent pods.

Back